Fx-9370 too hot with a corsair H60 cooler, will a Noctua NH-D15 be my saving grace?

Go to solution Solved by Benji_w,

Welp sorry it took me so long but I had to buy new thermal paste and work a shift since my last post. After re-applying the thermal compound and replacing the cooler im still hitting the 60-61 mark after maybe 10 minutes of running anything demanding on my system. Now I guess I'm left with a choice between underclocking or upgrading my cooler... any suggestions for a good air cooler to beat the corsair h60, and maybe compete with the h100i ? :D I'm still thinking the Noctua NH-D15

Ok let me clear things up for you.

1. the Cpu you have is a heat producer, a dual fan radiator would be better for you
  2. The FX range don't have a thermometer in them, they calculate temps under load with an algorithm
  3. A big dual tower air cooler will be better than the H50
  4. Some corsair AIO coolers do not sit correctly on certain boards and cause high temps
  5. That motherboard will bite the dust eventually due to the power draw of that chip
  6. asking for advice here for an amd cpu on intel tech tips forums will give you loads of misinformation

PS the last one was a pot shot at all the kiddies on this forum turning their noses up at a perfectly good CPU range that is a little weaker than its counterpart.  :ph34r:

Update 2: Holy shit! I already have a buyer lined up and i only knocked about 80 bucks off of the original price :D I probably coulda got away with near full price but I'm feeling generous x) They should be sold monday!  Time to start browsing Intel chips :)

YOU GUYS ARE FUCKING AWESOME!
All of my problems are solved :)
THANK YOU!!!

They really arent that bad to cool compared to overclocked intel chips.

Having sold my old FX hardware to help pay for my current system, I find this very funny. People buy used all the time, especially if you can prove it's in prestine condition. It's not done long arduous journey he's gonna have to go on.

And your obvious disdain for people on these forums make me question why you're even here.

It's not the selling used, I buy used parts all the time, it's the place in which to sell the parts. Selling an FX here would be silly as everyone is hanging out the back end of an i5. Your interpretation of my writing is quite funny. People keep shitting on the FX chip, so I said to head to OCN where people have these CPUs and better knowledge before saying "that chip is horse shit, get an i5"

What's easier, asking someone with knowledge on the issue and fixing it, or going through the hassle of posting an ad, stripping and boxing the system, getting jerked around on the price, saving a little more to get the money to buy an i5 system, build it, have the same issue because the mount is poor or another issue...

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd