System Crash

EugeneCustomBuild

Am currently using Asus H81 Gamer with Windows 8.1 installed, recently my Intel 530 ssd works fine on sata 3 and it suddenly crashed everytime after booting. But I can use my ssd on sata 2, is there any issue with my OS? also I have 1tb hard drive as mass storage. 

Am currently using Asus H81 Gamer with Windows 8.1 installed, recently my Intel 530 ssd works fine on sata 3 and it suddenly crashed everytime after booting. But I can use my ssd on sata 2, is there any issue with my OS? also I have 1tb hard drive as mass storage. 

correction: ssd works fine on sata 2 ports and system crash on sata 3 port

Hey there EugeneCistomBuild,

I would recommend checking the health of the storage drive to make sure the problems don't come from it and that the data inside is safe. Using a diagnostic utility that's provided by the manufacturer is what I would suggest. 
Also removing and reinstalling the drivers for the SATA controller might also solve the problem. Do check if you have all the latest driver and Os updates installed on your system. 
Do try another storage drive on the problematic port and see if it functions correctly or the port itself is the problem. 
Also, try other SATA cables and SATA ports. Trying the SSD on another computer's SATA3 (6Gb/s) port can also show you if the drive is causing the problems or not. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Hey there EugeneCistomBuild,

I would recommend checking the health of the storage drive to make sure the problems don't come from it and that the data inside is safe. Using a diagnostic utility that's provided by the manufacturer is what I would suggest. 
Also removing and reinstalling the drivers for the SATA controller might also solve the problem. Do check if you have all the latest driver and Os updates installed on your system. 
Do try another storage drive on the problematic port and see if it functions correctly or the port itself is the problem. 
Also, try other SATA cables and SATA ports. Trying the SSD on another computer's SATA3 (6Gb/s) port can also show you if the drive is causing the problems or not. :)

Captain_WD.

I found out the problem, its the power cable thats causing the problem, thx for ur help anyways :D

I found out the problem, its the power cable thats causing the problem, thx for ur help anyways :D

Glad to hear you've resolved it. :) Post back if you have other problems or questions. :)

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/