Does an emulator for the PS3 exist?

Sovek

Ok, My problem is that I would really, REALLY like to play Project Diva F, problem is I don't have a PS3 (or a TV/TV Tuner card) and can't justify paying $130+ to play one game.

So, does an emulator exist for the PS3?

Oh, and this is why exclusives are dumb.

Ok, My problem is that I would really, REALLY like to play Project Diva F, problem is I don't have a PS3 (or a TV/TV Tuner card) and can't justify paying $130+ to play one game.

So, does an emulator exist for the PS3?

Oh, and this is why exclusives are dumb.

I believe there is one that technically works, but it does like 5fps with a titan X. 

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

Does it exist? Yes.

Can you download it already? No.

They are working on it, Google for 'RPCS3'. It can already run Terarria pretty badly with graphical glitches and some menus, like the Watch_Dogs main menu.. It's not finished or ready for use at all.

So your best bet is going to a thrift shop or on eBay or whatever to get a 2nd hand ps3

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Does it exist? Yes.

They are working on it, Google for 'RPCS3'. It can already run Terarria pretty badly with graphical glitches and some menus, like the Watch_Dogs main menu.. It's not finished or ready for use at all.

So your best bet is going to a thrift shop or on eBay or whatever to get a 2nd hand ps3

also the ps3 cpu is cell powerpc...i dont even want to attempt to emulate that...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Well...kinda. It doesn't work properly. It barely works actually.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

also the ps3 cpu is cell powerpc...i dont even want to attempt to emulate that...

The GameCube also has a PowerPC CPU (although at a MUCH lower frequency) and they are emulate that pretty well 

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The GameCube also has a PowerPC CPU (although at a MUCH lower frequency) and they are emulate that pretty well 

cell is very different kind of processor with a different workload in mind. the 360 processor is tricore powerpc chip that maybe comparable to a g3/g4/g5 in some aspects. the cell is alien cpu in comparison. people ran linux on it for a while. linux just was not optimized for is processeing load type. heck game developers sometimes had trouble coding optimized for it.

the cell is for number crunching supercomputing...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

cell is very different kind of processor with a different workload in mind. the 360 processor is tricore powerpc chip that maybe comparable to a g3/g4/g5 in some aspects. the cell is alien cpu in comparison. people ran linux on it for a while. linux just was not optimized for is processeing load type. heck game developers sometimes had trouble coding optimized for it.

the cell is for number crunching supercomputing...

true, especially the line where you said people had a hard time programming for it..

the PS3 may have been a more powerful console than the Xbox 360, but the 360 often looked better because they didn't know what to do with the PS3.

Buy a PS3?

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Currently the latest fully working emulators are for the PS2 and Wii.

PCSX2 and Dolphin respectively.

PS3 will likely be next to impossible to emulate any time soon. There is a higher chance of a PS4 emulator being made before the PS3 due to the PS4's x86 architecture.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Currently the latest fully working emulators are for the PS2 and Wii.

PCSX2 and Dolphin respectively.

PS3 will likely be next to impossible to emulate any time soon. There is a higher chance of a PS4 emulator being made before the PS3 due to the PS4's x86 architecture.

isnt there a partially working 360 one?

Well I have not really looked into 360 emulation simply because aside from a few exclusives, a lot of Xbox games come out on PC anyway.

But , yes there is a Xbox emulator that's out, how well it works I couldn't say from personal experience, but it seems to be getting along rather well atm.

I feel the OP's pain tbh, I like the Project Diva games aswell, what I end up doing though is playing PSP versions.

if the OP likes he could play the PSP version on PPSSPP emulator on the PC for some upscaled goodness.

the same goes for awesome games like Monster hunter for both the PSP (PPSSPP) and Wii (Dolphin), as well as Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii (Dolphin), some even have HD texture pack mods, like Xenoblade has, which u can get from the Dolphin forums. I've even contributed to that particular games HD texture project.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Theres is but its real laggy, the xbox 360 emulator runs better lol also u could just play the psp version on ppsspp

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

Theres is but its real laggy, the xbox 360 emulator runs better lol also u could just play the psp version on ppsspp

I doubt the PSP has all the nice things that the full console has. Could be wrong though.

Yeah but least you can past some time on it til you can play the other game. It still quite fun.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

Yea, too soon for a good PS3 emulator.  I'd say the best console to emulate overall is the ps2 anyways.  

Yeah but least you can past some time on it til you can play the other game. It still quite fun.

You have it?

I have both project Diva, and Project Diva 2nd on PSP.

I cant recall ever trying them out on the PPSSPP emulator though. Think by the time I found the emulator I had already completed both games.

-snip

yep one exists but i've been told it's pretty shitty, an alternative since it's a one time thing I would just say to see a play through of it 

There is one in development, but it's not practically usable.

COMIC SANS

Does it exist? Yes.

incorrect I screwed around with an extremely early build of it

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

emulating the architecture of the ps3 is really tough even for a high end computer so yeah... there is a emulator but don't expect it to run well unless you have some kind of 20000$ supercomputer and even that will probably have trouble

GPU:Gigabyte G1 980Ti 6GB GDDR5  CPU:Intel i7 6700K 4.0Ghz + Cooler Master 412S RAM:8GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (x2) Motherboard:Z170-A Krait Gaming HDD/SSD:1TB Western Digital & 120GB Kingston HyperX Case:NZXT S340 + 3x Corsair AF 140mm + 1x Corsair AF 120mm + 1x Corsair SP 120mm PSU:Seasonic M12II Evo 620W 80 Plus Display: Benq XL2430T 144Hz Sound: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro & JVC SZ1000 + Schiit Vali + Fiio E17

Just checked craigslist, a PS3, two remotes, and a bunch of games no one wants to play : $60 USD. 

Not bad, just look for a thrift system. Plus there's more than just 1 game worth playing on the PS3. If you get one, might as well play a few of the exclusives man! 

You have it?

Yes, just havnt played much of it but it does have alot of the songs, it mostly in japanese tho xD

I doubt the PSP has all the nice things that the full console has. Could be wrong though.

get a PS Vita :D its on there and its the full game , loads of awesome vita games especially japanese stuff!!

Or get a PS3 there are tons of great exclusives and must  play titles on there :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii