This is just insane. Should I try it?

Dabombinable

Long story short I've pulled my Original Xbox out, dusted it off (and out) and upgraded it further from a 160GB HDD to a server grade 250GB HDD. However, I've discovered that with an IDE to Sata adapter I can effectively use a 2TB HDD inside the Xbox-which just blows my mind considering the 160GB HDD managed to fit over 50 games+loads of 720p videos and 320Kbps MP3's and several dual layer DVD. Is it worth a shot? Because it will give me a kick ass media center that also plays games/videos/music without the need for any physical media.
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=649

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Long story short I've pulled my Original Xbox out, dusted it off (and out) and upgraded it further from a 160GB HDD to a server grade 250GB HDD. However, I've discovered that with an IDE to Sata adapter I can effectively use a 2TB HDD inside the Xbox-which just blows my mind considering the 160GB HDD managed to fit over 50 games+loads of 720p videos and 320Kbps MP3's and several dual layer DVD. Is it worth a shot? Because it will give me a kick ass media center that also plays games/videos/music without the need for any physical media.

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=649

Couldn't you technically buy http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236551 and have 2TB or am I missing something?

Couldn't you technically buy http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236551 and have 2TB or am I missing something?

I think the Xbox uses the IDE interface instead of the more modern SATA.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Why not? An extra 2tb hdd can't hurt even if it doesn't work in the xbox. Although the fact that the xbox doesn't have a 1080p output may be a deal breaker.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That's SATA though not IDE. Also its a WD Green and those are not suited for a console. I'd go with something enterprise grade-PSU permitting this Xbox will be around in 20 years time

Edit: I am looking for a decent IDE-SATA adapter however.

PMSL

I say go for it and post back the results.  :P

I will once I find a good canidate              

Why not? An extra 2tb hdd can't hurt even if it doesn't work in the xbox. Although the fact that the xbox doesn't have a 1080p output may be a deal breaker.

The funny thing with CRT screens is the fact that they never pixelate since the resolution depends on how fine the scan lines are, also their colour reproduction is fantastic (and it can play back 1080p MP4 as well).

PMSL

I will once I find a good canidate              

The funny thing with CRT screens is the fact that they never pixelate since the resolution depends on how fine the scan lines are, also their colour reproduction is fantastic (and it can play back 1080p MP4 as well).

Can it? I though it only had 1080i output max. And yeah, crts are awesome

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Can it? I though it only had 1080i output max. And yeah, crts are awesome

I said play not output :) .

PMSL

Go!

Splinter Cell was in 1080p 5.1 sorround sound

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

This one? (note that these are all legit, I exercised my right to make backup copies).

post-155575-0-03300700-1440161515_thumb.

PMSL

Other than the title seems like you want to try a drug, and that is why I clicked it :P Anyways I would say do it with that new WD Blue SSHD, would love to see how that performs :D it is 4tb thought I do believe.

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

It has 1080i and it should be good enough.

However, I don't think the Xbox supports large hard drives like that. It uses a FAT-like formatting iirc so eh.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

This one? (note that these are all legit, I exercised my right to make backup copies).

attachicon.gif2.png

I think yes....

lemme google

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Other than the title seems like you want to try a drug, and that is why I clicked it :P Anyways I would say do it with that new WD Blue SSHD, would love to see how that performs :D it is 4tb thought I do believe.

I should be able to partition it well enough. I have discovered however that my Xbox is definitely one of the earlier revisions. For one thing it doesn't have the GPU heatsink with a cooling fan, plus it has the earlier problems with controlling its fan speed (I'm so lucky that it has a standard 3pin fan header, mounting a fan will be a big problem however).

PMSL

I'm modding mine tonight anyways to run cfw.  So, I'll take a look more at it if we pop open the casing.

CFW?

PMSL

Ya, you can easily exploit the official firmware with games like 007 Nightfire[i think is the main one], but you can then put on various Linux and media custom firmware in place of it.

Oh, the softmod. Its 007, Splintercell (first version) and Mechassault (also the first version). I actually bought a USB adapter, 16MB USB for transferring the save files (though I could use an Xbox controller as a memory card reader) plus all 3 games to do the mod originally-with a second copy of Mechassault needed because the newer copy doesn't have the Linux components.

PMSL

wikipedia claims 1080i was the maximum output.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Is your xbox soft or hard modded?

I remember there being a problem with soft modded xbox and hard drives over 1TB or something like that.

But if you can, then go for it.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Is your xbox soft or hard modded?

I remember there being a problem with soft modded xbox and hard drives over 1TB or something like that.

But if you can, then go for it.

Softmodded. I managed to convince my Mum to by a chipped Xbox for my brother, however its 80GB HDD is pretty much dead so I'm doing up another Xbox-probably with a high capacity HDD as well (softmodded Xboxes can only safely have 137GB partitions, though with my 250GB HDD 1 partition formatted as 123GB, so I had to make the second video partition larger than I'd intended.)

PMSL

Ya, you can easily exploit the official firmware with games like 007 Nightfire[i think is the main one], but you can then put on various Linux and media custom firmware in place of it.

Unless its a version 1.6 Xbox. I just discovered that the one I encouraged my Mum to buy as spare parts for her chipped Xbox (EvolutionX blows in features BTW) is largely incompatible with the on-console tool Chimp2168, which my own Xbox runs just fine, so it won't be getting a 2TB HDD anytime soon.

PMSL

Lol, well we just modded mine with splinter cell.  So, now it's on soft mod deluxe 5.01.  That sucks though.

I just use UnleashX, the amount of skins included pretty much make other mods pointless. Though I really want to try out XBMC (not as an App).

PMSL