gtx 980 crashes

EJ993

I have gtx980 and installed new 355.60 drivers, running on windows 10. Drivers crashes often and after crash gpu down clocks to 540mhz. Only way to solve that is restart pc, then it runs normally. Does anyone have similar issues?

CPU i7 4770k GPU GTX980 MOTHERBOARD Asus Maximus Gene VII RAM Hyperx Savage 2x8gb STORAGE Crucial m550 512gb PSU Corsair AX760 COOLING Corsair H80i GT CASE Corsair 350D OS Windows 10 64bit KEYBOARD Logitech k810 MOUSE Logitech Performance MX

I have gtx980 and installed new 355.60 drivers, running on windows 10. Drivers crashes often and after crash gpu down clocks to 540mhz. Only way to solve that is restart pc, then it runs normally. Does anyone have similar issues?

I use two GTX 980s in SLI.

Same driver.

Same OS.

But I don't have any of those problems.

Does it happen only under load?

If yes, in which applications/games?

What are the rest of your system specs?

I would re-install the drivers again or revert back to the previous release.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I use two GTX 980s in SLI.

Same driver.

Same OS.

But I don't have any of those problems.

Does it happen only under load?

If yes, in which applications/games?

What are the rest of your system specs?

well, it happens on pretty much every game I play (gta v, 2k15, tomb raider, arkham knight), also same thing happens when I wake up pc from sleep) 

I have my gpu overclocked to +225mhz clock, so I tryied to lower oc, but even at +100mhz crashes happens. But the most interesting thing is that without drivers crashes but clock speed doest drop to 540mhz.

My build is 4770k, 16gb ram, 512ssd, h80igt cooler, maximus gene vii mobo and reference 980.

CPU i7 4770k GPU GTX980 MOTHERBOARD Asus Maximus Gene VII RAM Hyperx Savage 2x8gb STORAGE Crucial m550 512gb PSU Corsair AX760 COOLING Corsair H80i GT CASE Corsair 350D OS Windows 10 64bit KEYBOARD Logitech k810 MOUSE Logitech Performance MX

well, it happens on pretty much every game I play (gta v, 2k15, tomb raider, arkham knight), also same thing happens when I wake up pc from sleep) 

I have my gpu overclocked to +225mhz clock, so I tryied to lower oc, but even at +100mhz crashes happens. But the most interesting thing is that without drivers crashes but clock speed doest drop to 540mhz.

My build is 4770k, 16gb ram, 512ssd, h80igt cooler, maximus gene vii mobo and reference 980.

Did you test if your overclock was stable before you got the new drivers?

I would definitly run a few benchmarks with no overclock at all and just see if it crashes.

Also check your temperatures. I might crash because of overheating. The stock coolers on video cards aren't exactly the best.

Did you test if your overclock was stable before you got the new drivers?

I would definitly run a few benchmarks with no overclock at all and just see if it crashes.

Also check your temperatures. I might crash because of overheating. The stock coolers on video cards aren't exactly the best.

temps are fine, stays at under 80 degrees all the time. Oc was stable, run 3d mark benchmarks also did stress test. So like in benchmarks it doesn't crash or in any stress test, its just in games and when waking up from sleep.

temps are fine, stays at under 80 degrees all the time. Oc was stable, run 3d mark benchmarks also did stress test. So like in benchmarks it doesn't crash or in any stress test, its just in games and when waking up from sleep.

Okay. Then it might really just be some issue with the driver or another piece of software.

I would simply recommend to unstall all of your current video card drivers and reinstall them completly or even install an older version.

Pretty much what 'FireFox' already said.

Use this tool for unsintalling your drivers:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Make sure to read the instructions!

Okay. Then it might really just be some issue with the driver or another piece of software.

I would simply recommend to unstall all of your current video card drivers and reinstall them completly or even install an older version.

Pretty much what 'FireFox' already said.

Use this tool for unsintalling your drivers:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Make sure to read the instructions!

thanks! report later how it went

thanks! report later how it went

ok, did what u said sanzelian. Cant tell much, but so far so good. Also could this be effected by chrome somehow? Couse I can remember that when I tried to use microsoft edge browser there was no problems, but later I came back to chrome, or is it just coincidence? Anyways which browser do u use?

Here I have the same problem with my gtx 980, I'm over at 1418MHz also with Windwos 10 and the 355.60 drivers after the drivers falls is in 540MHz.

Sorry about the English.