[Build log] Project LiquiSTORM

Drixen

Really nice, GOOD JOB!

:D

Thank you! I think I did pretty good, there are some things I wish I could change, but I'll do that later.. for now I am just going to enjoy it for a bit and then get back into changing/upgrading some things.

Update Rant 8-26-25:

While the rig is beautiful, it isn't perfect. The first thing I'd change is mounting the GPU on the most top pci-e slot. I couldn't mount the GPU there because of my I/O shield on the motherboard was too long and dropped down to far close to the pci-e slot.

The second thing would be getting a new case (as much as I love this case.. I can't stand the lack of necessities that the water cooling community demands). As much as Phanteks says this case is a water cooling case, it is.. to a degree. And my final thoughts are if you plan on going with a radiator that is 280mm at the top, you are only limited to a 140mm or 120mm radiator in the front. You can't use a 280 with a 240- they touch and simply will not work. The other thing is, with all of this in mind, this case is designed for lower-end components when it comes to water cooling. You cannot fit a reservoir inside the case unless it is a Swiftech 133ml micro reservoir. Ok, so if you have SLI, an overclocked i7 x99 you expect us to cool with JUST a micro reservoir? Umm, NO! The bad part is- the side bracket that mounts to the right side of the case, works as a universal bracket for many things, including screw holes for a pump and reservoir. What they don't tell you is what DEPTH you're limited to. When a high-end GPU is installed, the side bracket nearly touches the card, giving you AGAIN a small reservoir option. I don't like the case in these regards. It is by no means a professional water cooling case, it is designed for the amateur/ going professional. So, as much as this rant is blowing the case to pieces, besides these annoyances, it's a very respectable case.. but I definitely see something else as an option case wise in the future. Possibly before the end of the year, if I can make it that long before I get over this case too much, lol.

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ PROJECT: GreenLANTERN (click to view)

Update

I need to move the GPU 1 slot up because I have the GTX 980 in the x8 slot, not the x16. The frustrating part is the fact that I have to drain my loop and move the lines that come in from the external pump and res.. since they go into the empty pci-e slot where the x16 is. I have to route the loop under the GPU in the empty pci-e that will be there under.

Update 2: 

Purchasing the PB278Q Asus 2k monitor possibly. What do you guys think? I am over clocking the CPU and GPU shortly.

http://www.amazon.com/PB278Q-27-Inch-LED-lit-Professional-Graphics/dp/B009C3M7H0/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1441060971&sr=8-1&keywords=pb278q

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ PROJECT: GreenLANTERN (click to view)