The Big Move - Day 6.1

i wnat more moving vlog on vessel, you cant be done moving yet

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

thanks nick time to go to vessel now... :D

Hahahah an admin broke the rules!

(me too actually)

I'm literally checking vessel everyday for moving vlogs. It's been a week, Nick. YOU'RE KILLING ME.

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

What?...

5. Signatures & Profiles

Signature information must adhere to these guidelines:

•     No signature will exceed 3 lines in length on a 1080p screen.
  •     No signature will ask for reputation, likes, stars or any such ego-enhancing things.
  •     No signature shall have an image.

No signature shall be animated in any way, avatars are allowed to be animated for now. Avatars must not contain any rapid and sharp color changes (flashing, blinking, etc.) as these can cause epileptic seizures.

•     Do not manually type in a signature or sign-off at the end of every post; signatures are only allowed using the built-in signature function.
  •     Do not increase font size beyond size 14.
  •     Signatures are text only

The only links allowed, in your signature or status updates, are those pertaining to Linus Tech Tips (the CoC, your build log, etc.). Please note the advertising rules still apply to this. This includes listing twitch, YouTube, etc.

Really loving these videos. I hope we get more "Behind the Scenes" stuff after the big move is completed. It wouldn't have to be that frequent; every now and then would be cool.

Highfive to 90's nissan car enthusiast! 240sx/200sx/180sx what ever it was called in your neck of the woods at ~2:50

You sure that wasn't a drill bit coated in titanium?

Otherwise that may have been a drill bit made for metals, which would make it harder and prone to breaking, just get a set specifcally for wood, if you wish to drill into wood, something with a pointed tip on the end usually.

I hope I am correct in my hardware snobbery, otherwise, well.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

You sure that wasn't a drill bit coated in titanium?

Otherwise that may have been a drill bit made for metals, which would make it harder and prone to breaking, just get a set specifcally for wood, if you wish to drill into wood, something with a pointed tip on the end usually.

I hope I am correct in my hardware snobbery, otherwise, well.

It was prob one of those ti coated ones they are dirt cheep and do break alot

I have been very scared about your machinery the whole time the move has been going on I do alot of work at this stage of builds and it takes alot to really get the dust out of a place like that also you guys scare me with ladders.

What happens to Linus's old office, guessing it was his actual house

Details separate people.

Every single link in my signature pertains to Linus Tech Tips so... Nice try?

I'm assuming hes talking about the twitter and instagram links. but those are LMG so

Every single link in my signature pertains to Linus Tech Tips so... Nice try?

I guess I learned a new word today...

woops

"I thought guns were hard to get in Canada."

giphy.gif

Made the entire video.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

@nicklmg, what is the brand/model of the air compressor Linus used to clean the servers? I want to buy one but can't find anything that's isn't overpriced in Canada (like those 80$ DataVac...).

@nicklmg, what is the brand/model of the air compressor Linus used to clean the servers? I want to buy one but can't find anything that's isn't overpriced in Canada (like those 80$ DataVac...).

It looks like a regular ole portable air compressor that is used for like airing up balls/air mattresses/etc. just be careful in using something like that because without a inline water separator after just a few seconds condensation will build up internally and it will begin blowing not just air but little amounts of water out as well.

what is the brand/model of the air compressor Linus used to clean the servers? I want to buy one but can't find anything that's isn't overpriced in Canada (like those 80$ DataVac...).

It's linked in the video description "Uber Pump: http://geni.us/e7M"

It looks like a regular ole portable air compressor that is used for like airing up balls/air mattresses/etc. just be careful in using something like that because without a inline water separator after just a few seconds condensation will build up internally and it will begin blowing not just air but little amounts of water out as well.

What's the best thing to buy for cleaning PC, keyboard etc?

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU