Nothing Special by a Lamb [Pictures] [WIP]

Lamb

Welcome to my build log!

This is my first build, and I am really excited to finally be able to share this with the forum. I have been thinking about building a computer for about 10 months now. Before this, I was using a mediocre notebook (not a laptop because it was so hot). I have great plans for this build, and I will not stop until it looks great! (to my standards :lol:) I will update this post with pictures when I start to receive parts. (Soon) If everything goes according to plan, then I will be building on August 12.

Sorry it took so long for me to upload pictures, I had some troubles with windows and I just wanted to get it all setup.

I have some fans coming in the mail right now. Maybe later I will get some cable extensions!

Specs:

CPU: i5-4670K (Recieved)

GPU: ASUS GTX 770 (Recieved)

Case: Corsair 350D (Recieved)

SSD: Samsung 840 120GB (Recieved)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (Recieved)

PSU: Corsair CX600M (Recieved)

RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance (Recieved)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 (Recieved)

Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene (Recieved)

Peripherals:

Monitor: Acer S230HL

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Steelseries Sensei

Mouse Pad: Steelseries QCK

Upgrade Plan:

I hope to buy these within a week (approximately) of when I get the computer running.

-Sleeved cable extensions

-Corsair Air Series fans

Pictures:

Finally I have pictures! Sorry for the bad quality, I took these with my phone. My phone can sometimes take good pictures, but most of the time it takes bad ones (as you will see here :P).

So this is the final result, with the side panel on. This picture is awful... I apologise. :(

Ac2Rf9z.jpg

This next picture is without the side panel and with the lights turned on.

l1bzlZU.jpg

Now without the side panel and lights. (Sorry for the bright light on the right)

ZOJ0WKf.jpg

I like this next picture. It turned out fairly well in my opinion.

qiuoNBx.jpg

Now this picture was the only one taken with my flash on my phone. This is my GTX 770. (Just noticed the PSU got in the way :P)

agsQUCs.jpg

My SupremeFX audio. Looks great! (Not in the picture :P)

RG6YEh5.jpg

And finally, my desk/setup! I am very happy with this computer, But it is not complete yet! ;)

ajeyjtS.jpg

Thank you for taking a look at my build log! :)

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

Wow your story is the same as mine :D and I will be getting my parts on August 12 and I also have been stuck with a laptop(but mine was a macbook pro) excited to see the finished product :)

Welcome to my build log!

This is my first build, and I am really excited to finally be able to share this with the forum. I have been thinking about building a computer for about 10 months now. Before this, I was using a mediocre notebook (not a laptop because it was so hot). I have great plans for this build, and I will not stop until it looks great! (to my standards :lol:) I will update this post with pictures when I start to receive parts. (Soon) If everything goes according to plan, then I will be building on August 12.

Specs:

CPU: i5-4670K

GPU: ASUS GTX 770

Case: Corsair 350D

SSD: Samsung 840 120GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

PSU: Corsair CX600M

RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance (Low profile)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene

Peripherals:

Upgrade Plan:

I hope to buy these within a week (approximately) of when I get the computer running.

-Corsair Air Series fans

I would not cheap out on a psu like that. Spend some more and get a AX 760 or something like that. Those psu's are designed for light home or Office use according to Corsair. 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

I would not cheap out on a psu like that. Spend some more and get a AX 760 or something like that. Those psu's are designed for light home or Office use according to Corsair. 

There have also been a lot of reports of coil whine with those Builder series PSUs

There have also been a lot of reports of coil whine with those Builder series PSUs.

i've heard a lot of coil whine complaints on every corsair power supply level.

Welcome to my build log!

Specs:

CPU: i5-4670K

GPU: ASUS GTX 770

Case: Corsair 350D

SSD: Samsung 840 120GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

PSU: Corsair CX600M

RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance (Low profile)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene

Peripherals:

Upgrade Plan:

-Corsair Air Series fans

wait dawg wait wait wait buy the parvum case it looks way better than 350d i made mistake of not researching this case im going to buy it when i decide to buy it or when im bored 

System Specs~~~~~

Case-Corsair Air 540                                   CPU-i7 4770k                           Ram-Corsair Vengeance 16 Gbs    PSU-Corsair RM1000

Motherboard-Asus Maximus VI Formula    Graphics-Asus Gtx 780 Ti x2     CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i               SSDs-Corsair Force GS 128/360 Gb       

Haven't had any issue with my AX760.

Not everyone has it of course, but i've read/heard about coil whine on there psu's, but it's probably just because so many people buy them the problems seem to be higher. 

There have also been a lot of reports of coil whine with those Builder series PSUs.

coil whine is annoying but not much of a problem. The main problem will be that they are not 80+ certified I think and I do not think that they will be designed to run at anything but a small amount of load rather than supporting a high end gpu and psu.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

coil whine is annoying but not much of a problem. The main problem will be that they are not 80+ certified I think and I do not think that they will be designed to run at anything but a small amount of load rather than supporting a high end gpu and psu.

The CX PSUs are 80 Plus Bronze-certified. That's quite close to the efficiency of silver/gold-rated PSUs, so their rated wattage is a pretty reliable value

It is a Corsair power supply, you can't really go wrong. Seriously though, I do regret buying that now. I wish I got the AX760. Not really sure what to do though, maybe I will just upgrade at a later date. 

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

• 3 weeks later...

Updated with pictures.

Looks great, well done.

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058

Looks great, well done.

Thanks for the feedback!

I will improve the cable management when I get cable extensions so  it looks better!

Thanks for the feedback!

I will improve the cable management when I get cable extensions so  it looks better!

Yeah thats probably the only thing you need to work on, just buy some sleeved extensions.

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058

Looks nice

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Nice build! I have a 350d too and I love it, but please tell me what desk that is. I need a new desk and that's perfect. 

Corsair 350d, Intel 3570k @ 4.2 ghz, H100i, Caviar blue 500gb, Caviar Blue 1TB, Samsung EVO 850 Pro 256GB, EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 ACX 3.0, Corsair Vengeance 8gb,AX760i

2013 Macbook Pro 15-inch 

Nice build! I have a 350d too and I love it, but please tell me what desk that is. I need a new desk and that's perfect. 

Not sure. Just something I got at Staples. It came with a top part with shelves, but I took it off so I could fit more stuff! :D

Hey, quick question, does the MPCIE combo II come with  an antienna for the maximus VI gene?

Hey, quick question, does the MPCIE combo II come with  an antienna for the maximus VI gene?

Nope. :/

• 2 weeks later...