Home-made wooden case.

Jambls

If enough people ask, I can take more pictures of her distracting helping me.

YAY! PICS!

Awesomesauce ! Looking forward to following along.

Your lawn is sublime btw  :)

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on

So I just walked about 5 miles. I now have a 120mm fan, that bit of wood that I needed, more dowel and some higher grit sandpaper. I am so tired so i probably won't get much done today.

Awesomesauce ! Looking forward to following along.

Your lawn is sublime btw  :)

Another person commenting on my grass. Thanks.

If in doubt get a dog to help to you 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Why are people commenting on your grass?  :blink:

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Update:

I got up late and then made myself very tired because I need to wait 2 years before I can drive so I didn't start making the case until about 4 o'clock so I didn't get much done.

JXo7eeA.jpg

The new piece of wood that I got was a little bent but that doesn't matter because I only need one piece out of it.

7n8rUAn.jpg

All 12 of the pieces.

zA2HQGO.jpg

Thank you, dog.

nIaUQ5F.jpg

My patented anti-drill-too-far device. Also known as a bit of sticky label stick to a drill bit.

Aks74ao.jpg

I brain farted.

l87avs9.jpg

It is a problem.

BomkJ3F.jpg

And the solution is glueing some dowel into the hole and re-drilling it.

tN4EcON.jpg

Finished one frame.

6c9Pyxy.jpg

And the other one. Took about three hours for both of them.

Tomorrow is the last day of my summer holidays so progress will slow down from now on.

Also, I might be able to get a mock up of what the case will look like tomorrow as well. Stay tuned.(That saying is so old)

but damn man I can't stop looking at the grass lol

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Update:

It rained yesterday and the day before so I could not do anything outside so the case has been untouched until today. There was a little sun after school today so after walking my dog, I pulled the wood out of the shed, and blew the cobwebs off it, and finished doing the dowels.

jRvDWs3.jpg

Woah-oh. We're half way there, Woah-oh. Living on a prayer.

Sorry.

rJGNQaB.jpg

Done!

KWi953Q.jpg

"What do you think?"

"Woof."

Noice

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

These pictures are way too big for my internet connection to handle lol.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I am currently marking the motherboard tray and now I have a dilemma. CPU cut out or no CPU cut out. Having one will make it easier to change cooler but will reduce the strength and since I am already cutting holes for cables it might make it break and I am going to be air cooling so that will be heavy.

Thoughts?

I am currently marking the motherboard tray and now I have a dilemma. CPU cut out or no CPU cut out. Having one will make it easier to change cooler but will reduce the strength and since I am already cutting holes for cables it might make it break and I am going to be air cooling so that will be heavy.

Thoughts?

I'd say no cut out. You're not going to replace your CPU cooler every few days and it's not that big of a deal to take the motherboard out in case you want to change/clean the cooler. The cables will be held in place by the cable cut outs so it will be fairly easy to put it back together the second/third/... time. I'd rather spend 20 minutes extra unplugging and plugging in cables when I need to take off the CPU cooler than risking the stability of my build.

This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons. 

I'd say no cut out. You're not going to replace your CPU cooler every few days and it's not that big of a deal to take the motherboard out in case you want to change/clean the cooler. The cables will be held in place by the cable cut outs so it will be fairly easy to put it back together the second/third/... time. I'd rather spend 20 minutes extra unplugging and plugging in cables when I need to take off the CPU cooler than risking the stability of my build.

Having slept on this incredibly huge decision, I have come to the conclusion that you're right.

When I see wood, I like

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Update:

A parcel arrived, containing my stand-offs and I did some more sanding yesterday.

HIZ0B4b.jpg

This is why I need to sand.

8mEWOZz.jpg

After much testing with pliers and a spanner, my twin brother and I have found that although the thread on the stand-offs are a little bit closer together than a normal wood screw, it stand-off still holds strong unless you over tighten it and destroy the wood inside the screw hole. Before today, I didn't know how I would get the stand-offs to stay in the motherboard tray but i think this will be fine.

Update:

I found some energy in the form of food so I got my drill and my twins precision screwdriver kit (it has a 5mm bolt thingy that is the exact length of a stand-off) and I installed a M-ATX motherboard onto my piece of wood.

QjZ4GAO.jpg

I will have to move some screw holes but this will do for getting the I/O shield and the expantion slots in the right place on my back panel.

BfGLl2M.jpg

Side view. Not the best picture I have ever taken but it illustrates my point.

Update:

I found some energy in the form of food so I got my drill and my twins precision screwdriver kit (it has a 5mm bolt thingy that is the exact length of a stand-off) and I installed a M-ATX motherboard onto my piece of wood.

QjZ4GAO.jpg

I will have to move some screw holes but this will do for getting the I/O shield and the expantion slots in the right place on my back panel.

BfGLl2M.jpg

Side view. Not the best picture I have ever taken but it illustrates my point.

Note.

I am that twin and that is my mobo that I have no RAM or PSU for. If he breaks that he will  be murdered.

Update:

I started experimenting with different sized holes for my fan grilles on the front and top of the case. 6mm is about right.

8RoBdYw.jpg

The first set of holes. These ones are 6mm.

XRqvAIn.jpg

But the back is destroyed. I am going to try tape.

MP6Pek0.jpg

That is 8mm. I don't think I will be using that size.

H4lkkN3.jpg

The back of the 8mm is a little better than the back of the 6mm because if the tape

oCiY4h2.jpg

The bottom right is 8 and 6 mm in a cheque pattern and the bottom left is 6mm with tape this time.

N36nfOY.jpg

The back of the 6mm is a little rough but with a sharper bit and less rushing, it should be fine.

That's all for today, folks. Check back later for more progress (if it is nice weather where I am).