Are Consoles Worth Buying? And which ones do you like.

I already have a xbox one but I would like to hear from others on what you think about gaming Consoles. And what do you think is better WII U, Xbox one, or PS4 and please give reasons

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)~~▲▲▲▲~~CanyonCoolMan~~▲▲▲▲~~( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I suspect you're going to attract hardcore xXxPCM45T3RR4C3xXx 420SW4GL0RD5.

I'm not one of them. I got an Xbox One, and while I don't use it much, I actually like it a lot.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Tbh, I'd recommend a console over pc. With console, you get everything you need in a nice, cheap bundle. Whereas with pc, everything is separate. So it's a matter of convenience or features.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I already have a xbox one but I would like to hear from others on what you think about gaming Consoles. And what do you think is better WII U, Xbox one, or PS4 and please give reasons

Don't buy a console for "gaming".  Buy it for a specific game, or other features.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

If you can get it on a good deal and have a use for the media stuff, I don't see why not.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I have a PS4 for exclusive titles and games like NBA 2k, FIFA and Madden that rely on online communities. If a game comes out on both PC and Console and I really care about its online I usually buy on console. 

Don't buy a console for "gaming".  Buy it for a specific game, or other features.

I disagree with what you said. For Simplicity, Console. They are also like other benefits.

In the end, it is all personal prefrence.

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

the 360 is worth it for forza and halo.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I disagree with what you said. For Simplicity, Console. They are also like other benefits.

In the end, it is all personal prefrence.

How in the world is a console any more simple than a PC?

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

How in the world is a console any more simple than a PC?

Plug 'in play

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

I suspect you're going to attract hardcore xXxPCM45T3RR4C3xXx 420SW4GL0RD5.

I'm not one of them. I got an Xbox One, and while I don't use it much, I actually like it a lot.

pretty much same here I only launch it when I want to play Forza MTS5 (and thats the only game I paid for on xbone)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Bought a PS3 a month ago, played it on the first day haven't touched it since.

Bought a Wii U seven months ago, played it the first week with family, haven't played since.

Just always end up going back to my PC.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

Plug 'in play

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plug_and_play

"Plug and play" is a PC feature too.

Spoiler

If you play on PC then I'd suggest a WiiU or a PS4. If not, then Xbone or PS4 would be my suggestion since neither console matters anymore. If Sony didn't start charging for PSN then PS4 would have been my choice, but now there's no point between the two.

you've got to install drivers, steam, origin if you like bf4, even more drivers buy seperate decent keyboard and mouse, or just install a driver for a xone controller.... unless youre a techwiz and love to deal with that like i do, for a normal person itll just be easier to get a console in all honesty

Neither the Xbox One nor the PS4 have really tickled my fancy.  My plan is to go ahead, and get a Wii U and enjoy the games I can find in that ecosystem.  For all my other gaming needs... I suppose my PC is more than adequate. 

I have all the latest consoles but I honestly spend most of my gaming time on my PC (probably because I'm lazy). Each console has their own advantages and disadvantages but most importantly, console gaming in general has it's advantages over PC:

• You get things first usually
  • Console Exclusive Games
  • Devs support the console versions more (e.g. faster updating, prioritizing)
  • Games for the most part just work (no need to look for fixes or find those drivers)
  • The actual consoles are "cheap" and ready-to-go
  • You don't have to worry about your specs and tweaking game settings, the devs optimize everything for your platform
  • It's faster and easier to get into a games with friends 
  • unified and universal  experience across games (PC gaming is all over the place with Origin, STEAM, UPlay, Battle.NET.) On each console you have a universal friends list, universal log-on (usually) and all your games in one place.
  • Cheating is harder but not impossible to acomplish on consoles.
  • And of course used game sales or being able to share games with friends/family

Xbox One Pros

• Great Multimedia and Entertainment Device because of Live TV, DVR, Apps (Especially with Windows 10!)
  • Snap!
    • Great for multi-tasking, and being able to pin achievements to the side of the screen is neat.
  • Backwards Compatibility
  • The Elite Pro Controller
  • EA Access
  • ​Xbox SmartGlass is pretty awesome (Never really used PlayStation app much but I recall an article talking about it being bad)
    • Unlike the PlayStation app, Xbox SmartGlass is supported on Windows devices. This was awesome for me because my setup has my desktop by my TV+Xbox One. So what I did was I had SmartGlass running on one of my desktop monitors while I played Dead Rising 3. Using SmartGlass I kept a map up of the game on my computer and I also used the app to type text messages to my friends.
    • Can also make your Xbox download games remotely as well
    • Stream LIVE TV
  • Microsoft Adds new Features and fixes almost every month
  • Cross-Play With PC
  • The big Microsoft Exclusives (Halo, Gears, Forza)
  • Advanced Voice Control
    • Gets even better with Cortana
  • More customization options so far than PS4  
  • External HDD support
  • Stream Xbox One to Windows 10 PC
  • Activity Feed and Game Hubs (like STEAM)
  • Fancier Twitch Streaming features
  • Upload Studio (It got a huge update but I never used ShareFactory so can't say which one is better)

Xbox One Cons

• Interface is a little slow and clunky right now but it will be fixed in November.
  • No bluetooth
  • Can't upgrade internal HDD
  • A bit weaker than PS4, so games often run at a lower resolution
  • Controllers are not rechargeable
    • However, I like to argue that there are advantages and disadvantages to this.Swapping batteries if you have a bunch of them is more convenient than having to charge more frequently and get a extra long cable because the one provided is short.Also, I dunno if it's true but people say the battery gets worse over time (people say it's no longer an issue with new batteries), meaning eventually you have to throw out controller or use wired)
  • Screenshots are harder to do
  • Videos are harder to do and are much shorter than PS4
  • Missing a lot of indie games (getting better though)
  • Lacks Japan dev support (getting worst it seems, e.g. Square Enix, Namco Bandai and Capcom announce more stuff for PS4/PC)
  • The physical system is big and has proprietary connectors
  • Install times are long (at least they were)
  • In-game Music wastes screen real-estate

PlayStation 4 Advantages

• Gets DLC first or exclusively (Call of Duty, Batman, Assassins Creed, Destiny)
  • big hitters Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, and God of War
  • Great First Party Support (Sony owns a lot of great studios)
  • Great Japan Dev Support
  • Great indie Support
  • UI is often faster.
  • Fast Install times
  • SharePlay to let your friends play your games with you or for you across the Internet.
  • Spotify App and better in-game music support
  • Vita Remote Play - Play remotely using PS Vita
  • PlayStation Now - Stream games from the cloud, includes PS3 games!
  • PlayStation Vue - Live TV Service that could become something great when they fix prices
  • Cross-Buy (Buy on PS3 and Vita, get on PS4 too!)
  • Upgradeable HDD (Easily too!)
  • Slim console with non-proprietary connectors
  • Touchpad and sixaxis for new ways of input.
  • Share button for easy capture of those kodak moments.
  • Supports bluetooth.
  • Rechargeable Batteries
  • Controller Remapping
  • PlayStation TV

PlayStation 4 Cons

• Slow Updates
  • Not as great app support
  • No backwards compatibility
  • Not so great companion app (haven't used, maybe it got better)
  • No Multi-Tasking
  • Less UI customization
  • Can't change username still
  • Missing Sign On Notifications from PS3
  • [Weak Line Up for 2015]

Wii U Pros

• Amazing First Party Games
  • Virtual Console...
  • Virtual Wii...

Wii U Cons

• Nintendo Network and Store
  • The Entire OS
  • Dev Support

If you don't see any value in a console purchase, don't buy it. 

For me, the Halo series was good enough for me to shell out for a console just for that game series. Absolutely love it. If you don't share a similar passion for a feature that's exclusive to consoles, don't buy one.

As an owner of both the Xbox One, and the PS4, i much prefer the PS4 tbh. They just seem to have cluttered the xbox OS with media stuff, which i guess if you're into your Skype, music streaming, video streaming etc. then yeah i guess it's a good option. Although, the PS4 offers similar media functions, but doesn't overhaul the gaming side of it.

I think he was more saying that with a console, it's a case of plugging it in, turning it on, installing a game and away you go. Whereas with a PC, there's the need for building (not a negative IMO, and may not apply if it's a pre-built), installing your OS (may not apply if it's a pre-built), installing your drivers, putting your software on there, installing your games, then away you go. Rather than offering actual plug-and-play functionality.

Consoles are fine under a few circumstances:

Limited budget. If someone only has about 350 and already owns a TV, a console is probably the most economical solution short term.

Limited knowledge. There are actually still people out there who are "scared" to use a keyboard for gaming because of the numerous amount of buttons, and also are not smart enough to figure out how to lego a computer together or ask for help.

Used to controllers. A mouse and keyboard is far more accurate than a controller, but to some a controller is a lot more familiar, or they don't have enough desk space for a proper battlestation.

Thats about all I can think of, consoles are not good for gaming since games hardly run on them, their features are limited, and statistically costs more to own than a PC.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

As an owner of both the Xbox One, and the PS4, i much prefer the PS4 tbh. They just seem to have cluttered the xbox OS with media stuff, which i guess if you're into your Skype, music streaming, video streaming etc. then yeah i guess it's a good option. Although, the PS4 offers similar media functions, but doesn't overhaul the gaming side of it.

I think he was more saying that with a console, it's a case of plugging it in, turning it on, installing a game and away you go. Whereas with a PC, there's the need for building (not a negative IMO, and may not apply if it's a pre-built), installing your OS (may not apply if it's a pre-built), installing your drivers, putting your software on there, installing your games, then away you go. Rather than offering actual plug-and-play functionality.

Okay, so if you wanted to play that card a prebuilt computer is just fine.  Often times you can get prebuilt computers at a lower cost than custom building it.  With a prebuilt machine you do nothing more than "setup" the machine with things like your username and password.  Even with consoles you have to do things like that.  As far as installing games goes, is installing the games really as big of a hassle and finding a disk every time that you want to play a game, or dealing with broken disk, are hardly down sides.

Spoiler

Okay, so if you wanted to play that card a prebuilt computer is just fine.  Often times you can get prebuilt computers at a lower cost than custom building it.  With a prebuilt machine you do nothing more than "setup" the machine with things like your username and password.  Even with consoles you have to do things like that.  As far as installing games goes, is installing the games really as big of a hassle and finding a disk every time that you want to play a game, or dealing with broken disk, are hardly down sides.

Only a pre-built computer which would perform equally or greater than a console, is going to cost more than the console and no one on this forum seems to like pre-builts, no?. Also, i never once mentioned any of the steps are downsides (in fact i believe i actually said that i think one of the steps is quite the opposite), i simply outlined them, so don't turn this into an argument as to why you think PC's are better. 

Consoles are fine under a few circumstances:

Limited budget. If someone only has about 350 and already owns a TV, a console is probably the most economical solution short term.

Limited knowledge. There are actually still people out there who are "scared" to use a keyboard for gaming because of the numerous amount of buttons, and also are not smart enough to figure out how to lego a computer together or ask for help.

Used to controllers. A mouse and keyboard is far more accurate than a controller, but to some a controller is a lot more familiar, or they don't have enough desk space for a proper battlestation.

Thats about all I can think of, consoles are not good for gaming since games hardly run on them, their features are limited, and statistically costs more to own than a PC.

What games hardly run on a console, and on which console? Just curious. Also, how are the features limited, in what sense? And what do you mean they 'statistically' cost more to own? That's pretty subjective... If you're going to use the argument of games are cheaper, well, that depends on which games you play and how you buy them. If you only really play AAA titles, then the difference may not be that great, if you play smaller games, then yeah you can get them for about £10 on PC for hours of game-play. Then, there's the argument that a PC gamer will overtime spend more money on their peripherals, components etc. and will 'statistically' cost more to own than a console....

Before you jump on the PC's are better for everyone it doesn't matter about personal situations, band-wagon, that was not me saying PC's are more expensive than consoles, that was me explaining that the costs of it's lifespan is subjective. I'm a PC gamer, who also owns two 'next-gen' consoles, so know both sides of the arguments and i'm not biased towards one or the other. 

Yes for console exclusives.  I have both current gen, but my favorite (most played) is X1 (mainly due to halo and GoW).