Redox - By August

Owndblood

Is the nickel going on the case only or also on the gpu/motherboard?

If on the case only then go with black/white sleeving to set the inner "guts" apart from the case.

If you are going to use some nickel on above said components, then I would go with all black sleeving.[emoji3]

The motherboard panel, GPU/MOBO and a few more things are going to be black with nickel accents, so there's going to be a significant part of nickel in the build :)

Oh man, ulalala!!! This paintjob is off the shelf mate!

Oh I would love this to be nickelplated copper pipe watercooled , oh maan , oh maaan!

TOP NOTCH!

Glad you like it! That's something I'll try out for sure, can't make up my mind if I should go with nickelplated copperpipes or mattblack tubing.

bC55xYB.jpg

That is the moneyshot right there, remember this name, this guy is gonna go far

Thank you Lucas! :D

The motherboard panel, GPU/MOBO and a few more things are going to be black with nickel accents, so there's going to be a significant part of nickel in the build :)

Glad you like it! That's something I'll try out for sure, can't make up my mind if I should go with nickelplated copperpipes or mattblack tubing.

Thank you Lucas! :D

Then I think using all black sleeving brings the nickel more to the center. If you use black/white sleeving the white will probably mismatch with the nickel.

All up to you though, you could make one black/white cable to see how it looks vs an all black cable.

More work for you[emoji6]

Then I think using all black sleeving brings the nickel more to the center. If you use black/white sleeving the white will probably mismatch with the nickel.

All up to you though, you could make one black/white cable to see how it looks vs an all black cable.

More work for you[emoji6]

I will have to try some different combinations for sure! I'll update you with some pictures in the next update, thank you for the feedback!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! I was sort of saving my material for a big update but I felt that I couldn't keep you waiting too long, The custom fabrication process has started and I will have a few cool things to show off in the next update, including a really nice IO Cover. The sleeving update will also have to wait until next time as some of the parts has been delayed and I don't want to rush it. What I can tell you is that I will be making scratch cables for the whole build. All black, naked wires! I realised after a lot of thinking that I won't really get the rugged look I am looking for in paracord sleeved cables, so I decided to make scratch ones instead.

I've also fiddeled around a bit with my rusting technique and I decided to make some of the components suit the case and blend in a bit more, so in this update I will just show a few sneak peeks, teasers if you will. Just to show off what I will be revealing in the next big update smile.png

Here are a few photos!

KxgQnP8.jpg

X2xcptn.jpg

1dgeVct.jpg

I9H9dx0.jpg

That's all I've got for this small update, stay tuned for the next one!

Can't wait to see you rust up a tower cooler and slap it on there.. Very impressive man.

I hate you my friend.

You simply cannot tease this beuty with such little amout of pictures :D

<3

Can't wait to see you rust up a tower cooler and slap it on there.. Very impressive man.

Thank you!

I hate you my friend.

You simply cannot tease this beuty with such little amout of pictures :D

<3

I will make sure to have plenty more pictures for the next update ;) Glad you like it!

wow this looks freakin awesome ! 

can't wait to see this finished.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! It's time for the long awaited update where I will be revealing the last few weeks of work, I finished most of the custom fabrication, with both the PSU coverplate and new panel for the backside completed. I have to say I am very satisfied with the results, it clean aluminium really gives the case a good contrast to keep it from getting too rusty. on other notes, I started making the cables, I absolutely love the look of the cables inside the case, gives it that beefy look that you simply wouldn't get with normal sleeving.

I had to redo the mounts for the IO Cover as one of the sadly broke off, so I grinded them both down and made new mounts that are now attached, next week I will be getting my custom length spacers for the rad mounts, these are meant to hold the radiator/fan mounts a bit further out to create more clearence for the motherboard heatsinks and simply for the looks.

I also managed to get ahold of another Intel series 730 240gb SSD from a good friend of mine so I can have two matching drives instead of a 730 and a 530. I have yet not decided where I actually want to put them but I'm sure I will figure something out sooner or later :)
Now, onwards to the pictures!

Please tell me if you think I should continue with the "studio"-ish pictures or if I should stick with the workshop like pictures, you decide!

0NctPXZ.jpg4UQ20Rj.jpgzDowBLG.jpg

4Lg6JUX.jpgYtInjXh.jpg

deWIHYk.jpg

0jtpNlx.jpg

PEnRto9.jpg

srTpKdt.jpg

6wBo4v2.jpg

KSH25m9.jpg

T4Zz0v1.jpg

oeXr26L.jpg

CYPd6iY.jpg

8K3egoX.jpg

That's all for this update! I do hope you enjoy the pictures, See you next update :)

Snip

Now, onwards to the pictures!

Please tell me if you think I should continue with the "studio"-ish pictures or if I should stick with the workshop like pictures, you decide!

Snip

Whatever pictures you make, all of them look amazing

• 3 weeks later...

O.o

I hate that "case", but this one looks awesome!! Great paint job, cool rust and name.

With influence from immersive postapocalyptic world of fallout 4 I think this looks freaking astonishing and those picks with the frame next to that wheel make awesome impression.

CPU: I5 4670k @ 4ghz Motherboard: MSI z87 G45 Gaming RAM: 2x 4GB Avexir and Corsair 2x4gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 SeaHawk EK PSU: EVGA SuperNova P2 750w Boot SSD: Intel 320 120GB Storage: Crucial 256gb ssd and Samsung 250gb ssd

• 2 weeks later...

Time has come for a new update! I finally finished painting the case, I think the result is fantastic and I am unbelievably satisfied. What do you guys think? I will try to find time to sleeve the rest of the cables this weekend, I will post an update on the sleeving next week, so stay tuned for that! I also got a shot to try out my new Canon EOS 750D camera which I think is fantastic. The live-view mode really helps to get the focus the way you want it and to give the picture the desired "feeling". The painting has been my main priority the past weeks so I haven't been able to get a lot of other things done, apart from the sleeving.

Sleeving pictures coming next week! Although, what do you think, White/black paracord or just all black. I haven't quite been able to make up my mind so I guess I'll just have to try out the different combinations.

Anyways, onwards to the pictures!

snsneUF.jpg

That's all for this update! See you all next week.

Normally I snip the images out, but when I saw this I farted and a little bit came out.

Holy amaze balls, you've done an impeccable job painting the chassis.

If this were on DeviantArt I'd give you all my votes for a Daily Deviation, which is essentially their "trophy" section or "hall of fame" on the front page.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

What camera and lens did you use for these shots?

I use a 16-135mm Canon lense, 4.0 Focal length :)

Good answer, I like that camera too.

O.o

I hate that "case", but this one looks awesome!! Great paint job, cool rust and name.

Thank you!

With influence from immersive postapocalyptic world of fallout 4 I think this looks freaking astonishing and those picks with the frame next to that wheel make awesome impression.

Thank you! I really appreciate these types of comments.

How is it going? Any progress so far or has it stalled?

It's going well! All cables are done and I'm working on the new parts, I had to take a small break to prepare my previous build for the Dreamhack Casemod Championship competition :)

Normally I snip the images out, but when I saw this I farted and a little bit came out.

Holy amaze balls, you've done an impeccable job painting the chassis.

If this were on DeviantArt I'd give you all my votes for a Daily Deviation, which is essentially their "trophy" section or "hall of fame" on the front page.

Thank you! It means a lot :)

Hey guys! I

'm sorry for being idle for a while, I was participating in the Dreamhack Casemod Championship and had to focus my time on my previous project for the competition, so unfortunately I had to take a small break from the project, but now I'm back and getting back up on the horse, I will have a new update out for you guys in a few days! Sorry to keep you waiting :)

Hey guys! It's been a while, I've been extremely busy preparing my previous project Vintage Reborn for the Dreamhack Casemod Championship that I took part in, so unfortunately I had to take a small break with the Redox build, I'm back and all rested up now so I thought I'd throw out a little update for you guys.

All the scratch cables are done and fits perfectly length-wise, I've also got my hands on a few custom made spacers to hold the radiator and fan brackets as I discovered a few fitment issues with the radiators colliding with my motherboard heatsink, the SSD's have been prepped for modding, my idea is to fill upp the small indent on the design so the surface will be flat, primer and paint then and apply some custom stickers to complement the build. I'd rather not say more about that, you'll have to wait ;) I can tell you that a few more parts will be arriving to the build soon.

Onwards to the pictures!

gWF5GI3.jpg

ZwrzPnD.jpg

9oS8E3j.jpg

qFOfmbP.jpg

bDs84ms.jpg

B5UIC1H.jpg

m29lQXH.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there! It's time for a new update, I've been quite busy lately with Christmas coming up and I decided to spend a little bit more of my time with my family and just taking it easy, I'll be getting back on it this week though, starting with a little update!

The SSD's have been disassembled and are recieving a custom finish, the indents that follow the original decals will be filled up and the SSD's will be painted matt black, I will also add a few logotypes on them.

Where we have a few pictures!

oV5bCCd.jpg

6wHehzO.jpg

AcnSQis.jpg

0rjAtoP.jpgKSkvSLI.jpgrrCoxCN.jpgThat's all of this little update, I will post a progress update the coming week, Thank you all for following!

• 5 weeks later...
Time for a new update! School has been stressful as usual but nothing out of the ordinary, in this update I will be covering the mods on the ssd to fit the theme, as most of you know, Intel 730 series SSD's have an indentation and a soft curve across the ssd, I didn't quite like it and I didn't think it would suit the build so I decided to fill it up, I then sanded down the extras and made sure there was a smooth transition between the filling and the original case. Then I primed the SSD cases and painted them, to complement that I got some custom decals.
Here we have some pictures!

gUo1w2M.jpg
d7bMoVz.jpg
jKghfES.jpg

Note that I'm not entirely pleased with the finish of the second SSD so I will be sanding that down and redoing it, meanwhile for the next update I will be showing you how I fastened the fans to the case using the custom spacers, see you next update!

It's time for a new update! My head is filled with ideas to do to the system right now but I had to take a small break to give you guys a quick update before I tear everything apart and continue working. The fan brackets are now fastened to the midplate, they are fastened using M4 screws and a few custom 42mm spacers, these had to be used to give enough clearance from the motherboard to be able to fit a radiator behind the fans, the whole contraption is a lot more sturdy what I expected and should have no problem holding the weight of 2 fans and a radiator. 
The spacers will stay in their original aluminium finish to blend in with the other aluminium details, but the brackets themselves will be given an extra touch with some lettering and a few splashes of paint.

Then to the latest addition to the build, the CPU has arrived! :D
It is no less than a Intel Core i7 5820K CPU that will be powering this build, and it should suit the GPU's just fine once I get to picking the ones I actually want. Here we have some pictures.
The rest I am saving for the next update!
Stay tuned.

XYBwVKp.jpg
VgFSZSx.jpg
OSRmuJb.jpg
rk14wiZ.jpg
ilZJe2p.jpg
PJxN1t9.jpg
CqZklqo.jpg

That's all for this update, see you all next time!
Thank you for following :)

It's time for a new update! My head is filled with ideas to do to the system right now but I had to take a small break to give you guys a quick update before I tear everything apart and continue working. The fan brackets are now fastened to the midplate, they are fastened using M4 screws and a few custom 42mm spacers, these had to be used to give enough clearance from the motherboard to be able to fit a radiator behind the fans, the whole contraption is a lot more sturdy what I expected and should have no problem holding the weight of 2 fans and a radiator. 
The spacers will stay in their original aluminium finish to blend in with the other aluminium details, but the brackets themselves will be given an extra touch with some lettering and a few splashes of paint.

Then to the latest addition to the build, the CPU has arrived! :D
It is no less than a Intel Core i7 5820K CPU that will be powering this build, and it should suit the GPU's just fine once I get to picking the ones I actually want. Here we have some pictures.
The rest I am saving for the next update!

Stay tuned.

That's all for this update, see you all next time!
Thank you for following :)

big fan of rat rods. well at least looking at them driving them is a pain in the ass. so i really like the look of this build. Are you planing on doing any kind of pinstriping?

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/