I have a confession to make... I regret building a pc heres why

simeon kalcut

I have had nothing but problems every minute after i solve one another one comes up and it stresses me out stuff like artifacts forces me to pull overclock to stock but when i boot windows it is slow as hell (laggy and freezy) cpu and gpu I did all that testing for it to be nothing

Well, if you are more specific and provide details, we can help you. But just complaining about building a PC in general will not get you anywhere. If booting windows is slow, then it is most likely your storage medium, unless you are running on a toaster.

Disclaimer : I might be wrong.

To be blunt. If everything is done correctly (ie. no user errors) then a home built PC will run better than what you'd buy pre-built.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

To be blunt. If everything is done correctly (ie. no user errors) then a home built PC will run better than what you'd buy pre-built.

pre-built has always been shockingly terrible for me thats why i went for building a pc. just getting loads of problems 

pre-built has always been shockingly terrible for me thats why i went for building a pc. just getting loads of problems 

What is your point here, do you want us to help? Have you tried asking on these forums before? If you want a completely stable system, DON'T OVERCLOCK in the first place.

Disclaimer : I might be wrong.

The experience will entirely depend on the components you chose, so that's one factor you really need to put into consideration

Well from what I understand, your still learning how to 1) build a PC and 2)how to overclock. I can't help right now but you should focus on getting your computer running smoothly first, then you learn how to overclock.

PMSL

You should have done more research before building one and don't bother overclocking,fix the other problems first.

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Overclocking isn't a must, I don't overclock my CPU and GPU, overclock if necessary.

We can help you, we're trying to help you.

Even if you order pre-built PC you can still face this kind of problem....

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

What is your point here, do you want us to help? Have you tried asking on these forums before? If you want a completely stable system, DON'T OVERCLOCK in the first place.

Well, unless you have the skill and any extra parts (decent motherboard, cpu cooler etc).

PMSL

so you have a system with a lot of issues but you still went ahead and OCed it?  :huh:  troubleshooting starts with removing all OC and test components one by one. so.. what are your issues and what did you build?

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight

I constantly have problems because I am on my computer like 24/7 but tbh I am a master googler and always fix my problems within a day.

I fix peoples computers all the time because I have had them before and they ask how I know what to do and I just tell them that it's because I constantly have problems too.

This is why console can sometimes be better than PC.

so you have a system with a lot of issues but you still went ahead and OCed it?  :huh:  troubleshooting starts with removing all OC and test components one by one. so.. what are your issues and what did you build?

everything was working perfect untill I had skyrim... overclock was perfect before now i get bsod screens and weird glitches in skyrim 

everything was working perfect untill I had skyrim... overclock was perfect before now i get bsod screens and weird glitches in skyrim 

so.. did you mod skyrim? did you run anything that puts high load on your system before? games behave different from stresstests.

also, again, what did you build (actual parts pls)?

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight

with bsod i have no idea, my cpu and gpu overclocked were perfectly stable and where pretty cool and now i get it for some reason saying "incorrect system configuration"

so.. did you mod skyrim? did you run anything that puts high load on your system before? games behave different from stresstests.

also, again, what did you build (actual parts pls)?

yes ran realvision then yet again the problems started with realvision.. vanilla ran perfect on overclocked 

i5 4690k 

thermalright macho 

r9 390 

8gb vengence ram

ssd samsung 850 pro

750 watts b2 supernova evga 

with bsod i have no idea, my cpu and gpu overclocked were perfectly stable and where pretty cool and now i get it for some reason saying "incorrect system configuration"

Is it possible you have malware or a virus?

"LTT's official.."STOP. I promise you aren't LTT's official bagel eater or whatever. Trust me. 

yes ran realvision then yet again the problems started with realvision.. vanilla ran perfect on overclocked 

i5 4690k 

thermalright macho 

r9 390 

8gb vengence ram

ssd samsung 850 pro

750 watts b2 supernova evga 

there are a few viruses that imply a BSOD with a fake service number which costs a lot of money. since I cant find anything regarding the BSOD you described (except bad_system_config which is a pagefile issue when booting and only occurs on boot) I'd say it is no real error.

did you maybe download software from third parties? even some mods could be faulty when downloaded from untrusted sites..

there are a few viruses that imply a BSOD with a fake service number which costs a lot of money. since I cant find anything regarding the BSOD you described (except bad_system_config which is a pagefile issue when booting and only occurs on boot) I'd say it is no real error.

did you maybe download software from third parties? even some mods could be faulty when downloaded from untrusted sites..

Well it said 0x124 bug code and there were two logs one said it may be incorrect system config and another one saying the probable cause is the driverand try updating it (was a system file can't remember the name) I download the mod from nexus

yes

so, I guess you want to sell your computer and go get a console

goodluck with mod skrym on console.

dont want to sell it its just stressing me out and making me regret building one 

Why do people buy pre-builds when the assembly costs are like 30-50$ depending on the store?

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

anyway it seems to be the oc, its not getting enough voltage to be stable so what ive done for now is put the cpu and gpu back to stock. i have saved the previous settings for oc and will run them (valley and haven benchmarked and stable) in the future when i need it!