My first new build in over 10 years *warning long text* :P

Lafladitu

Its been a while since a built my own computor as written in the title.

The reason why i decided to build myself a new computor, is cause my laptop I feel are on its last strech in its life.

It has served me well for the last 6-7 years or so. bought it for the mobility it offered, but now smartphones and tablets are so much better at just that. And my old desktop i built is just collecting dust and rarly ever turns on since i bought my laptop, looking at it after taken it a appart it looked very bad, no cable management at all. :wub:

Around 1 mm of dust over nearly everything, built it with reused case from a 17 year old pc so its not that fancy by todays standard as dust filters was not that commonly used in cases back then or when i was building it, it was a budget build and still works (not now when its in pieces) hehe

Side note for everyone its not aimed to be a full gaming PC.

For about two month i been researching for parts for my new build, I wanted it to be as cheap as possible but still have the upgradable option there for the future, so I decided to go with a full tower with dust filters.

I then saw an image of the NZXT Phantom and it was white I fell in love with the looks, as I looked at youtube clips, I saw Linus doing a unboxing of the Phantom 820 watched it like 4 times, after the last time i then said to myself it has to be that case. As I have two dogs that drop a lot of hair 24/7 all around the year its perfect with that many filters and lots of space so cleaning it would be easy. :rolleyes:

I know that this part i think most ppl will dissagree on when regarding my choose of CPU and socket but I dont care :lol:

I am going to go for AMD A10-7870K and as most of you know its an APU

Anyway gonna add the full list of componenets down here otherwise this will turn into a novel when I am finished lol

Case: NZXT Phantom 820 White

APU: A10-7870K Godavari

MoBo: Asus a88x Pro

Ram: DDRAM3 2400MHz Corsair 16GB 2x8GB

Harddrive: SSD Kingston 120GB V300 (for OS and other programs)

CPU cooling: Fractcal Design kelvin s24 (water cooling)

PSU: Coolermaster VS650W 80+GOLD, Modular cables

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DBRSMS

Parts that will be reused

PS4 original HDD 500GB

Laptop HDD 750GB

HDD very old desktop 1 TB WB 64mb cashe WD10EARS

These will be used as storage drives after they been formated, until i have money to replace then with 2-4TB drives :D

I have also not added a dedicated GPU in this build as of now as my cheap little plan didnt become that cheap it got a bit more exspensie as most of the parts from the old desktop is out of date and cant be used on my new desktop like the optical drive as they used a lot of IDE cables, so i will be very happy to not have them included in this build, the PSU the old Desktop have is a 500w and its a bit to small if i get a R9 Graphics card in a few month. I know i could cut down the cost alot by choosing a cheaper case but I will still go with that white monster Phantom 820

All the current parts have been ordered and I´m just waiting for them to arrive at my local store.

I choose to go with AMD as I see to much Intel and Nvidia builds, not that they arent great or anything. My laptop is a intel/nvidia one, and its awesome even to its very old. AMD i think needs a bit of love and i kinda like their take on the APU's and with windows 10 they should perform a bit better, it will not be as great as a separate CPU and GPU. but good enough for me, the ram will help a lot on the performance with the APU :)

Hope you like this little build plan just alittle ;)

Please don't get the V300 it got its controller replaced and its as slow as a SSD can get.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Side note for everyone its not aimed to be a full gaming PC.

What do you mean by full gaming?

What other stuff will you do?

What's your budget and location?

If you're still looking to play demanding games then I wouldn't suggest an APU

what is your budget? 

Also there is no point in watercooling an APU.. Your best option of as right now is an i3 4160 with a h97/b85 board. 

@Lafladitu please follow your topics

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

I would recommend a hyperx fury ssd or crucial bx100 over the v300. As someone stated above, the v300s were nerfed with a slower controller and don't perform very well anymore. The rest of your build looks pretty sweet. 

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

Please don't get the V300 it got its controller replaced and its as slow as a SSD can get.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Get a HyperX Fury SSD instead

What do you mean by full gaming?

What other stuff will you do?

If you're still looking to play demanding games then I wouldn't suggest an APU

Not looking into playing demanding games as I play most games on PS4 anyway

it will more or less be used for media,video editing. and help me while I stream from ps4

Seems pretty good. I personally would have chosen a CPU rather than an APU, however with the APU, you can do Dual Graphics if you so wish. Does seem to be upgradable for the Future. I do like you water cooling the APU, that is just great :).

AMD is underrated at the moment.

BTW don't pull a HDD from the PS4 unless you are replacing it.

Too much work for a 500gb hdd and then you ps4 is then useless 

what is your budget? 

Also there is no point in watercooling an APU.. Your best option of as right now is an i3 4160 with a h97/b85 board. 

@Lafladitu please follow your topics

the build is a bit over the budget but still manageable.

reason for the water cooling is that i hate the CPU fans and hard to clean and disturb the more cleaner look, the reason why i went with fractal design water cooling its that you can exspand it to sevral units if nessisary later on

Not looking into playing demanding games as I play most games on PS4 anyway

it will more or less be used for media,video editing. and help me while I stream from ps4

Well then, what's your budget?

You will need some more power if you're considering to really get into video editing

AMD is underrated at the moment.

BTW don't pull a HDD from the PS4 unless you are replacing it.

Too much work for a 500gb hdd and then you ps4 is then useless 

already replaced the HDD in my PS4 with a Hybrid drive at 1 TB =)

the build is a bit over the budget but still manageable.

reason for the water cooling is that i hate the CPU fans and hard to clean and disturb the more cleaner look, the reason why i went with fractal design water cooling its that you can exspand it to sevral units if nessisary later on

I do understand. But there is no point of water cooling an APU. Waste of money. 

But You still didn't state your budget.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

You don't actually need any cooling unless you're going to abuse the system or you have a really hot room 

I do understand. But there is no point of water cooling an APU. Waste of money. 

But You still didn't state your budget.

well as i live in sweden the parts cost a lot more, atm the build cost is near 1200$ its about 400 over budget but manageable

already replaced the HDD in my PS4 with a Hybrid drive at 1 TB =)

That is good, I don't think the ps4 would use the hybrids potential.

But once again it is not worth pulling out a hdd on the ps4.

You don't actually need any cooling unless you're going to abuse the system or you have a really hot room 

well in the summer it can get 37*C in my room without any electrical eqipment on, thats when we have the warmest weeks of the year. and all windows open, so watercooling is much better yes. the system itself isnt going to be abused though

That is good, I don't think the ps4 would use the hybrids potential.

But once again it is not worth pulling out a hdd on the ps4.

the PS4 benefits greatly from the hybrid drive, content load faster. you wont get fps increase but you will see content much faster, and map loads are shortened a lot, they are also not that exspensive either so i think they are worthy while investment

well in the summer it can get 37*C in my room without any electrical eqipment on, thats when we have the warmest weeks of the year. and all windows open, so watercooling is much better yes. the system itself going to be abused though

Well then expect your room to get hotter, water-cooling will cool the system and disperse the heat away from it (your room) depending on set-up

In what way will it be abused?

the PS4 benefits greatly from the hybrid drive, content load faster. you wont get fps increase but you will see content much faster, and map loads are shortened a lot

Not worth it

Not worth it

true it might not look like much in that video but hybrid drives gets faster on frequently used files, it wont be that noticible at first but after using lets say same game over and over it gets faster.

warthunder is a nice example, PS4 users has since the start of the PC/PS4 crossplay been loading mainly after PC players, now i accualy load faster then some PC players

Planetside 2 is poorly optimized on ps4 atm takes a few seconds to load up the weapons panel or vechial terminals now its near instant

true it might not look like much in that video but hybrid drives gets faster on frequently used files, it wont be that noticible at first but after using lets say same game over and over it gets faster.

warthunder is a nice example, PS4 users has since the start of the PC/PS4 crossplay been loading mainly after PC players, now i accualy load faster then some PC players

People play War Thunder on PS4? I tried that once and I just didn't understand why people don't get a PC.

People play War Thunder on PS4? I tried that once and I just didn't understand why people don't get a PC.

there are ppl not many though, flying with the DS4 is a pain but driving a tank its very smooth

there are ppl not many though, flying with the DS4 is a pain but driving a tank its very smooth

When I tried it, I couldn't play with a controller, so I plugged in my keyboard and mouse and just thought that I may as well play it on PC.

When I tried it, I couldn't play with a controller, so I plugged in my keyboard and mouse and just thought that I may as well play it on PC.

did the same, i still do so when i fly. but driving a tank is much easier with ds4, though i prefer to avoid arcade its no fun, simulated battle is were it all shines unless you encounter ppl with very low graphics that can see you aross the map in a dense forest :angry: