Mic not working after upgrading to windows 10

Chris337
Go to solution Solved by Swegly,

Tried that but it didnt work also when i try to listen to the device in the properties i cant hear it.

Did you set the device you are using as default?

Also click properties and see if the device says 'This device is working properly'. If it isn't and you have a USB headset, when upgrading to windows 10 your headset drivers may have become outdated. If it does say its working properly it could be a problem with skype. 

So i upgraded my computer to windows 10. After it was done i was going to play some games with friends and found out that the mic was not working.

the only error message i got was from skype saying Problem with recording device.

anny thoughts what might have caused this and how to fix this ?

Headset: Steelseries Wireless H

System:

Operating System:  Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU:  Intel Core i5 2300 @ 2.80GHz

RAM: 8,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard: MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3) 

Graphics:  2 AMD 6850's in crossfire

Storage:

Right click the sound icon in the bottom right on the task bar> Playback devices > Recording(tab) > Select your device.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Right click the sound icon in the bottom right on the task bar> Playback devices > Recording(tab) > Select your device.

Tried that but it didnt work also when i try to listen to the device in the properties i cant hear it.

Also click properties and see if the device says 'This device is working properly'. If it isn't and you have a USB headset, when upgrading to windows 10 your headset drivers may have become outdated. If it does say its working properly it could be a problem with skype. 

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Replugged the device (Stupid me didnt think of that earlyer) but since you said drivers might have become outdated since its plug n play i thought lets replugg so windows might search again and its fixed thnx  :)