What is your Favorite australian food

YT2002

What is your favourite australian food. Mine is timtams

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

Bush tucker

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Lets just say NOT McDonald's posh themed MAKE YOU OWN BURGER range.

Is that only in Australia or are they rolling it out globally?

Lets just say NOT McDonald's posh themed MAKE YOU OWN BURGER range.

Is that only in Australia or are they rolling it out globally?

Have you tried that? I was going to once, but didnt end up doing it

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

I gonna say what everyone thinks of when you say aussie food. Vegemite!

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

No but it is Mcdonald's

If i wanted to go to a shop that sold good burgers, i would go to the fish and chip shop or a shop that sells not Mcdonalds burgers 

No but it is Mcdonald's

If i wanted to go to a shop that sold good burgers, i would go to the fish and chip shop or a shop that sells not Mcdonalds burgers 

True. I found this really nice burger place called grill'd. Really nice burgers.

True. I found this really nice burger place called grill'd. Really nice burgers.

Is that place in Melbourne?

I think i have been there

Is there even such a thing as a uniquely Aussie food though? Kangaroo steak perhaps?
I mean, we're pretty damned multicultural. Variations on things sure, but not much that's really unique.

Witchetty grubs?

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Is that place in Melbourne?

I think i have been there

Yep

Yep

I got the cheapest burger there and it is way better than the best Mcdonald's burger.

BTW have you been to Schnitz?

I have tried it, worth it, but you could get a better burger from coffee club i reckon. But i love all Aussie good!!

PS the CYT burgers (creat your taste) was $18 for 2 basic ones, but that was on my mates discount card....

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Is there even such a thing as a uniquely Aussie food though? Kangaroo steak perhaps?

I mean, we're pretty damned multicultural. Variations on things sure, but not much that's really unique.

Witchetty grubs?

Have you not heard of vegimite, timtams, weetbix, lamingtons and cherry ripe. Straya M8

I have tried it, worth it, but you could get a better burger from coffee club i reckon. But i love all Aussie good!!

PS the CYT burgers (creat your taste) was $18 for 2 basic ones, but that was on my mates discount card....

I love coffee club but never tried their burgers. Will next time i go

I got the cheapest burger there and it is way better than the best Mcdonald's burger.

BTW have you been to Schnitz?

Yes I LOVE SCHNITZ.

Grilld has crap burgers compared to many pubs, such as the Northbridge and The Blue Gum Hotel if you're in Sydney.

Theres not really Australian food apart from cafes and pubs...

Gaming PC: CPU: i7 4770k@4.2GHz w/ CM Nepton 140xl, GPU: Gigabyte 1070 @2050, RAM: ADATA XPG V1 16GB@2133MHz, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7, Case: Corsair NZXT S340.

Yes I LOVE SCHNITZ.

My town got one a couple mouths back.

(Hopefully it doesn't burn down like the last store)

My town got one a couple mouths back.

(Hopefully it doesn't burn down like the last store)

We've had one in my shopping center ever since it got its renovation. But I only tried it on the lats school holidays. Ive tried the plain n simple and american dream aswell as their chips

I love coffee club but never tried their burgers. Will next time i go

I haven't been to coffee club i was just guessing that it'd be better.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Have you not heard of vegimite, timtams, weetbix, lamingtons and cherry ripe. Straya M8

I'll give you lamingtons. But the rest are pretty much just variations on things from elsewhere.

Actually... which came first.. the Marmite or the egg/Vegemite?

Edit: Frak me I want some lamingtons!!

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Darrel Lea Rocklea Road, is awesome. I got my friend in England hooked on it, she can't get anything as good as that there :P Also got her hooked on Tim Tams hahaha.

Favourite savory thing, when I find a good one is meat pies there's this awesome bakery in Toowoomba that does the best meat pies, always stop in there when we go out to a mates farm, their bread is also possibly the best i've had too.

Grilld has crap burgers compared to many pubs, such as the Northbridge and The Blue Gum Hotel if you're in Sydney.

Theres not really Australian food apart from cafes and pubs...

Depends on the Grill'd I have found. When I was in Melbourne in 2012 I had Grill'd at Highpoint, it was epic hands down best chain burger I had had to date. Had it up here at home on the Gold Coast, when I found out they opened one near me it was shit, same with last time I was in Melbourne this time at the one at Southern Cross Station (it was across the road from where I was staying at the time) it too was pretty lame in comparison.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Witchetty grubs?

Great on toast :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

There is no such thing as Australian food because this country has not culture. Unless you count vegimite, but nobody can eat that so it does not really matter.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.