Question about Ram manual installation

Go to solution Solved by Sauron,

So if If I only had two, I could pick either putting it in slot A2 and B2 or A1 and B1? So does the fact they called it priority 1-3 not matter?  

-As in same colour with same colour but if I wanted to populate the blue ones first instead of the yellow ones would it matter(with two sticks)

I think the priority means: install A1 B1 first, then if you want to add more install the new ones in A2 B2. Either way don't worry about it, if you use alternate slots it will work just fine.

So my motherboard manual, when it talks about installing Dual Channel Memory lists it as

Priority   DDR-3A1  DDR3-A2 DDR3_B1  DDR3_B2

1                                pop                      pop

2                  pop                       pop

3                  pop         pop           pop       pop

I know when it says Populated it means where I place my Ram sticks but what does the priority referring to ? Does it mean if I have 2 ram sticks its priority 2?

It just means that you should populate alternate slots if you aren't going to fill them all. A and B are the channels, so A1 and A2 are the slots associated to channel A and B1 and B2 to channel B. For optimal performance you want to use both channels, meaning you should populate A1 and B1 or A2 and B2 if you only have 2 sticks.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

look at ur mobo, the ram slots are color coded. fill 2 of the same color first before filling the other color. 

It just means that you should populate alternate slots if you aren't going to fill them all. A and B are the channels, so A1 and A2 are the slots associated to channel A and B1 and B2 to channel B. For optimal performance you want to use both channels, meaning you should populate A1 and B1 or A2 and B2 if you only have 2 sticks.

So if If I only had two, I could pick either putting it in slot A2 and B2 or A1 and B1? So does the fact they called it priority 1-3 not matter?  

-As in same colour with same colour but if I wanted to populate the blue ones first instead of the yellow ones would it matter(with two sticks)

I think the priority means: install A1 B1 first, then if you want to add more install the new ones in A2 B2. Either way don't worry about it, if you use alternate slots it will work just fine.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Ah thank you, that actually makes a lot of sense. Also to be 100% sure, populated means the spot to place it in right

Ah thank you, that actually makes a lot of sense. Also to be 100% sure, populated means the spot to place it in right

yup

sudo chmod -R 000 /*