is there something wrong with my RAM?

Guest Johnny5g

on boot with windows 10 (with the monitor on) 1.3 GBs of RAM is taken. is this bad? if so how can i fix it? thanks!

also my HDD is getting nosy. is this normal? 

That usage is normal. You can check drive-usage in taskmanager.

on boot with windows 10 (with the monitor on) 1.3 GBs of RAM is taken. is this bad? if so how can i fix it? thanks!

Pretty typical for Windows, its not that efficient with RAM at boot. Anything under 2GB is considered "normal"(and yes, even with Win10, despite it being "lighter").

That seems more than okay to me, my system on boot up takes up around 3GBs of ram just from the startup apps anyway, so 1.3GB is fine.

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

ok thank you all!

I am using 5gb idle your ok.

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower