How to make my computer more silent?

trexiic

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

-snip-

undervolt the GPU. that cut 20*C off my gpu temp alone. which makes a WORLD of difference. or move the fan curve, so it gets hotter because of a lower fan speed. 

Use better fans. Go larger if possible - they move the same air as smaller fans but at slower speeds.

Pressure optimized fans for the radiators will probably help.

Try setting up a custom fan curve in your bios. I dropped 10% off my intake fans speed, and only jumped 5-10℃ on the cpu. Drastically cut my nose though.

I don't want the lower the performance/stability of my system.

Money is not an issue, if I have to spend 100$ on fans and deadening material, I'll, I just want to know what will be effective and what are your recommendations in term of fans/deadening materials.

Can you give me some links to good fans?

Thanks!

replace the fans on that cpu cooler, those are very noisy

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

I would change the H80i fans with some Noctua NF 12s, don't run the fans through corsair link just plug the fans to the motherboard for auto control, and make sure your stock intake fans aren't running at full RPM

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

I don't want the lower the performance/stability of my system.

Money is not an issue, if I have to spend 100$ on fans and deadening material, I'll, I just want to know what will be effective and what are your recommendations in term of fans/deadening materials.

Can you give me some links to good fans?

Thanks!

In terms of fans, if money is no issue then you may as well go with noctua's or be quite silent wing 2's, they are amazing, perform well and are silent. I have my build fitted with them and on idle I can't hear a thing (Because my gpu/psu fans don't even spin on idle, and all my case fans are silent.) And with the noctua's you can use the low noise adapter cable to make it even more silent, at the cost of it running at a max lower rpm though, but I don't find that an issue personally

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

PWM fans?

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

PWM fans? -->  What?

In terms of fans, if money is no issue then you may as well go with noctua's or be quite silent wing 2's, they are amazing, perform well and are silent. I have my build fitted with them and on idle I can't hear a thing (Because my gpu/psu fans don't even spin on idle, and all my case fans are silent.) And with the noctua's you can use the low noise adapter cable to make it even more silent, at the cost of it running at a max lower rpm though, but I don't find that an issue personally

Noctua fans are ugly  :(

Those be quiet silent wing 2 look good and cost 15$ in the US.... but 50$ in canada (WTF), money is not an issue, but still, I don't wanna spend 200$ on case fans...

Noctua fans are ugly  :(

Those be quiet silent wing 2 look good and cost 15$ in the US.... but 50$ in canada (WTF), money is not an issue, but still, I don't wanna spend 200$ on case fans...

They cost $50 in Canada!? Ouch.

I have my noctua fans all set so that non of them are visible aha, I have 5 of them total, and 1 be quite silent wing 2. I guess you'd still be able to see the one on your rad though :/ 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

The noctua NF-12's are pretty silent. I'd go with those.