Toshiba Satellite Pro U500 Wireless Upgrade

Hey guys,

As the title would indicate, I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro U500, more specifically a U500-1E4.

As I use my laptop for school I was given a wireless mouse by my parents as the left click on the touch pad no longer works and they feel that if I'm using the laptop in school, I shouldn't be messing around with the left click (I have swapped the left and right click up until now). The issue I have is that the laptop has only one functioning USB port and that is occupied by the mouse receiver. This means I can't use any other usb device, such as usb drives etc. Since the wireless card in the laptop is removable I would like to replace it with one that is Bluetooth 4.0 compatible so I can use a bluetooth mouse. I don't mind what WiFi standard it falls under, just so long as it supports Bluetooth 4.0

I know I could simply get a usb hub, but I don't enjoy taking wires to school with me. I still have to get books and things in my bags and wires get in the way.

I've done research and found several wireless express cards that would fit and support Bluetooth 4.0, however I can't find anyone who has done the same thing on this model of laptop, and I believe that Toshiba whitelists their BIOS. So my question is, are there any wireless card upgrades that are supported by my laptop, I'm running the latest BIOS that Toshiba has released. Any help is appreciated

BlackRogue

Get one with a short wire. I have one stuck to the back of mine and it's from pound land. It's lasted pretty well so far. If you really dont want to do that, then I'm afraid I cant help, sorry.

Please remember to follow your posts so you get notifications of people replying. If you want to reply to me directly, and I am not the author of the post, quote me.