Super Talent DDR4 LRDIMM Module Density @ 64GB per stick

ahhming

16a.jpg

Super Talent DDR4 DIMM modules targeted for server environments which allow more DIMMs per channel to be used in order to take advantage of an increased memory capacity. A buffer chip replaces the register on these modules in order to help minimize loading on a system and increase speeds.

Platforms such as  Haswell-EP are able to take advantage of these modules and at three DIMMs per channel, bandwidth speed gap is increased while latency tax from increasing the DPC has been reduced. This is the advantage of using LRDIMM because as DIMMs per channel increase, LRDIMM offers the lower latencies because it is able to run at higher speeds. All modules are quality tested in house and are built to JEDEC standard specifications with high quality components. DDR4 offers modules up to double the density and speed of previous generation's DDR3 DRAM while using up to 20% less power which makes it a highly efficient solution for enterprise workloads.

Source:

http://www.techpowerup.com/214927/super-talent-updates-its-ddr4-lrdimm-module-density-to-64gb.html

LRDIMM(Load reduced DIMM) is another memory technology . Designed with a buffer chip (or chips) to replace the register to help minimize loading, the LRDIMM is targeted to increase overall server system memory capacity and speed using a memory buffer chip or chips as opposed to a register.
http://www.simmtester.com/page/news/showpubnews.asp?num=167

Sweet! Now I just need a UPS and I can use a RAM Disc as my OS drive to be the one with the biggest e-peen

(seriously though, someone with a volume user license key will do this, at least for a little while, because they can)

Hopefully my ISP will let me download 64GB RAM.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Sweet! Now I just need a UPS and I can use a RAM Disc as my OS drive to be the one with the biggest e-peen

(seriously though, someone with a volume user license key will do this, at least for a little while, because they can)

You can try. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YCwHZL

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

What, no nVIDIA Teslas? Cheapskate. :P

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

*insert squidward doing crunches yelling "FUUUTTTUUURE" here*

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

What, no nVIDIA Teslas? Cheapskate. :P

I need something to go to the display you know :P

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

Those speakers are bad and you should feel bad.

Careful, the @Linus police will come after you for having an opinion!

1TB RAM disc?

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Careful, the @Linus police will come after you for having an opinion!

It's not an opinion, it's the most absurdly expensive stuff I could find on ebay. :P

We're playing link the most absurdly priced stuff game, right?

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

Lel, that pleb build can't even run minesweeper

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Thank god for that $10 rebate. For a moment, i thought that price was absurd. But after the savings + rebate, i'd do it.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Those speakers are bad and you should feel bad.

Here's something you might be able to settle for: http://m.ebay.com/itm/M-K-Sound-MP300-Monitor-Speaker-7-2-X12-Pioneer-Elite-SC-89-/371359211197?nav=SEARCH

And don't you dare cheap out on the speaker wire:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Analysis-Plus-Bi-Big-Silver-Oval-Bi-Wired-Speaker-Cable-Stereo-pair-12ft-/360663087066?nav=SEARCH

Hey, I'm already getting 4 of these for the monitors: http://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-Coffee-39-4-Braided-Cable/dp/B003CT5KMO

Noob question:

What is the read/write speed of RAM vs say an SSD?

Will there ever be a scenario where SSD/HDD get replaced entirely by RAM? Would that even be possible? 64 x 4 = 256 Gig of RAM potentially?! O.S. on RAM etc.etc.etc.

Noob question:

What is the read/write speed of RAM vs say an SSD?

Will there ever be a scenario where SSD/HDD get replaced entirely by RAM? Would that even be possible? 64 x 4 = 256 Gig of RAM potentially?! O.S. on RAM etc.etc.etc.

RAM is usually faster than an SSD. The problem with using RAM as a memory drive is that it is volatile (aka storage that only works if power is being applied to it). RAM is meant for very fast, constant, small packet transactions between the CPU and itself, while HDD/SSD's are built to write a large amounts of data onto itself and basically never get rid of it. RAM could replace other storage options if it was non-volatile, which is what a lot of tech companies are trying to do. So far 3D XPoint seems to be leaning in that direction. Currently people can do what Sephiroth said and basically run your OS off of a RAM disk by never turning off the RAM's power, but a single power outage and BOOM no more OS... Basically they are meant for different things, and there are some technologies coming out that could bridge the gap, but with how it currently is RAM will never replace SSD/HDD's or vice versa