My current rig:
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
Intel Core i7-2600K
4 sticks of G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Gigabyte 980 ti
Samsung 850 PRO SSD
EVGA P2 1000WATT PSU
Windows 10 64bit

So my issue is my computer randomly reboots while playing video games. So far it occurs mostly while playing Battlefield 4, watching twitch,tv (after playing video games). For some odd reason I can play other games such as GTA5, Batman Arkham Knight, Counter-Strike GO, and several others for hours on end experiencing a single issue. Drivers are up to date, Windows has been reformatted several times, event logger is showing a Kernel 41 power failure. After looking into the Kernel 41 power failure it seems that it is a generic error produced when your computer reboots. 

I have reformatted Windows 7 twice and still experienced the issue. I then upgraded to Windows 10 on a fresh install and I am still experiencing the issue. 

I thought it might have been my power supply (Corsair 850 watt), and I replaced it with my EVGA P2 1000 watt (overkill I know). I found out out it was not my power supply, then I changed out several power strips and outlets and determined that was not the cause.

I am truly at a loss frown.gif  I have no idea what is causing this issue. Any ideas are welcome, and I thank you for your help in advance!

Perhaps it's just the card? Contact the manufacturer and ask for a replacement.

I'm having the same issue. Only with battlefield 4 tho....I heard it could be the ram configuration. They told me it could be my graphics card but I haven't gone to get it checked...ask the manufacturer if you can get it checked if you didn't buy it at a store like Fry's. I have a EVGA gtx 980 so idk if it's software or hardware. I'm curious to see if anyone has an answer to this.

I'm having the same issue. Only with battlefield 4 tho....I heard it could be the ram configuration. They told me it could be my graphics card but I haven't gone to get it checked...ask the manufacturer if you can get it checked if you didn't buy it at a store like Fry's. I have a EVGA gtx 980 so idk if it's software or hardware. I'm curious to see if anyone has an answer to this.

@Rando1710 (make sure to follow your own topics so people don't have to @ you every time)

I had random restarts in BF4 as well, turned out to be the PSU. I replaced it and everything runs fine now, but here's how you tackle this problem: 

• First of all, remove all overclocks, reset BIOS to defaults. 
  • Make sure no software or driver is causing it. That means a completely clean install of Windows (in this case I wouldn't do Win10 because of the automatic driver installation, I'd go with 7 or 8.1). Just install the OS with no internet connection, manually install nvidia drivers (and only drivers, no geforce experience or stuff like that, only graphics driver & physx). After that add all other drivers your MB needs, then update Windows completely. 
  • Set your PC to maximum performance and also change from adaptive to maximum performance in the nvidia control panel
  • Make sure to turn OFF automatic restarts, that way you can see what the bluescreen is if you get one (google it). 
  • Check if anything is overheating. CPU, GPU, VRMs, etc. 

-> Now you have a clean Windows install, how it should be. If your PC still restarts and doesn't show any error/bluescreen, it's definitely your hardware. 

• Rebuild your PC, only using essentials. Make sure all cables and electronics look fine. Remove all hard drives and USB stuff you don't need, so you just have your PC, one screen, keyboard and mouse. 
  • If it still restarts, I'd change my PSU first, if that doesn't help RMA the motherboard. Then probably RAM, GPU and the rest (but you should have found the faulty part by now)
  • One thing to note is that a random power loss can also be caused by a cheap/bad power bar or generally bad electric cables in the house (generally older houses). So check if any connected lamps or stuff also turn off with the PC.  

Wow! First of all, let me thank you all for the replies!

@JeffreyEagan I am currently waiting for Gigabyte to respond to my ticket. I am considering contacting Newegg.com and seeing what they can. If I remember correctly this was occurring when I had my Gigabyte GTX 980. When I had my old GTX 580 the computer ran without an issue.

@Mug I heard mixed ideas of updating BIOS, but I am considering that as my next step. 

@SLiKRiC Yeah I have no idea what the issue is with Battlefield 4! My GTX 580 ran it without an issue. I checked my RAM ran it through diagnostics, and doesn't have any issues! But god willing I find a solution I will more than definitely be posting it all over the internet!

@be4rgryllz

• First of all, remove all overclocks, reset BIOS to defaults. I have no overclocks on my machine what so ever. I have reset BIOS to default. Never messed around with them other then getting the SSD working.
  • Make sure no software or driver is causing it. That means a completely clean install of Windows (in this case I wouldn't do Win10 because of the automatic driver installation, I'd go with 7 or 8.1). Just install the OS with no internet connection, manually install nvidia drivers (and only drivers, no geforce experience or stuff like that, only graphics driver & physx). After that add all other drivers your MB needs, then update Windows completely. I reformatted Windows 7 and it was still causing an issue! I then upgraded to Windows 10 and completely reformatted and still causing an issue.
  • Set your PC to maximum performance and also change from adaptive to maximum performance in the nvidia control panel I have done both :(
  • Make sure to turn OFF automatic restarts, that way you can see what the bluescreen is if you get one (google it). Just found out I can do that! So now I just have to wait for an error to pop up...yay....
  • Check if anything is overheating. CPU, GPU, VRMs, etc. All my temperatures are running really well! That is the first thing I checked. Even under a heavy load, all settings on ultra, with multiple windows of Chrome open temperatures are great.

-> Now you have a clean Windows install, how it should be. If your PC still restarts and doesn't show any error/bluescreen, it's definitely your hardware. 

• Rebuild your PC, only using essentials. Make sure all cables and electronics look fine. Remove all hard drives and USB stuff you don't need, so you just have your PC, one screen, keyboard and mouse. This will unfortunately be my next step...
  • If it still restarts, I'd change my PSU first, if that doesn't help RMA the motherboard. Then probably RAM, GPU and the rest (but you should have found the faulty part by now) Brand spanking new PSU! EVGA P2 1000 watt. I made damn sure that every single cable was fitted perfectly (I checked three times lol). I am hoping that I do not have to get a new motherboard, RAM, and Processor, but it is looking like I might as well just upgrade the whole darn thing! And just my luck it would still restart randomly.
  • One thing to note is that a random power loss can also be caused by a cheap/bad power bar or generally bad electric cables in the house (generally older houses). So check if any connected lamps or stuff also turn off with the PC.  Another thing I have tried. I tried several outlets and several power strips, and then put my main computer power cable on its on separate outlet and it still caused an issue. 

So...I have discovered that when I use 2560 x 1440 resolution in Battlefield 4 I crash, and when I lower it to 1920 x 1200 I do not crash. I have not a single clue why that matters, but at least I do not crash.

I am currently using acer xb270hu with GSYNC enabled. I am curious if this is the issue.

Also, after browsing the internet on Chrome and watching streams on Twitch.tv my computer randomly rebooted.

Back to the drawing board I suppose :(

Wow...so within 3 minutes of me posting that my computer rebooted yet again! I have Windows Automatic Restart turned off...yet my computer is still rebooting itself. Any ideas?

To add, I went into Windows Event Logger and it is only showing Kernel-Power 41 error: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Wow...so within 3 minutes of me posting that my computer rebooted yet again! I have Windows Automatic Restart turned off...yet my computer is still rebooting itself. Any ideas?

To add, I went into Windows Event Logger and it is only showing Kernel-Power 41 error: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Like I said, if you follow all my steps exactly I promise you it will fix your problem. Everything else is just speculation.