Water cooled CPU High temps

Today i installed a Closed Loop Water cooling system, (Enermax Liqmax II 120S) And i realised that the temps are way higher with water cooling then with the default intel fan i had before (Just bought the i7 4790k)

* Fan Speeds are at max 2300 RPM

* CPU is at 40 ºC on IDLE, 65+ on Load

* Thermal compound is correctly applied (My opinion)

* Case is NZXT H440 Razer Edition

* Pictures just in case:

gLCFtc7.jpg

zGjPU8t.jpg

NtRiTSD.png

How is 65ºC is high on load? Those are very good temps.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10           

How is 65ºC is high on load? Those are very good temps.

Used to get that with the default intel Fan.

Yeah, those aren't all that high of temps.

From what I can tell, you have your radiator mounted at the top of your drive cage (somehow) - but there's going to be very little airflow there, even with the gap/lip on the top of the case. So especially with a pull fan setup (you have the fan underneath the rad) it doesn't have much to cool itself with. Or worse, if that's exhaust, then same thing applies.

So given a poor-airflow-across-radiator situation, those temps aren't bad.

All in one liquid coolers aren't magical make-everything-super-cool devices. They don't perform all that better than a solid air cooler overall. So it should be less comparing it to an air cooler and more just making sure it's stable.

As long as it stays under 75, you're good; though the 70-75 range is "hot."

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Dunno what "load" u are talking about but with 4790k stock cooler u should be hitting 80ºC easily or even 90 on some cases.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10           

Yeah, those aren't all that high of temps.

From what I can tell, you have your radiator mounted at the top of your drive cage (somehow) - but there's going to be very little airflow there, even with the gap/lip on the top of the case. So especially with a pull fan setup (you have the fan underneath the rad) it doesn't have much to cool itself with. Or worse, if that's exhaust, then same thing applies.

So given a poor-airflow-across-radiator situation, those temps aren't bad.

All in one liquid coolers aren't magical make-everything-super-cool devices. They don't perform all that better than a solid air cooler overall. So it should be less comparing it to an air cooler and more just making sure it's stable.

As long as it stays under 75, you're good; though the 70-75 range is "hot.

Well, with My old CPU (AMD Phenom 1090T Black Ed.) and a Cooler master Evo 3, never got up to 70, 60 was the max, thats why this feels weird.

And i can't mount the Rad in the middle Fan slot because since it uses 2 Fans i wouldnt be able to use Double channel on the memory ram.

Dunno what "load" u are talking about but with 4790k stock cooler u should be hitting 80ºC easily or even 90 on some cases.

BF4 on Ultra, max temp i got was 72 with the default fan.

CPU cooler is not seated properly or you have too much or too little thermal paste.

Spoiler

Welp, i just did an RMA, Thank you guys for the help.

could be that your fan config isn't right for your setup that is what happen with my h80i i was getting high temps when i was using the fans the wrong way round.