T-Mobile Passes Sprint, Now Third Largest US Carrier

Suika

b9e2de69667383d7a38ed9adad09e47d.png

(click for sauce)

John Legere is going to have fun with this news...

Previously John Legere claimed that T-Mobile had more subscribers (subscriber-peen?) than Sprint, but Sprint is miscounting total subscribers with inactive accounts, or so I've heard. Well, inactive accounts or not, T-Mobile is now ahead almost 2-million total subscribers. Specifically, after recent reports, Sprint announced they have 57-million subscribers after having picked up nearly 700,000, while T-Mobile just hit 58.9-million after picking up 2-million.

It's a good day to be John Legere. Sprint's latest earnings report has revealed that the company has officially fallen behind T-Mobile US in total subscriber count and now sits last among major US carriers. The latest figures show Sprint with a total of 57 million customers and T-Mobile with 58.9 million. Whereas T-Mobile experienced another surging quarter that brought in 2 million new customers, Sprint added only 675,000. 

It's kind of sad for Sprint that they've fallen behind so quickly in a single quarter, but they've slowed down their subscriber bleeding, having only lost 12,000 instead of the 620,000 they lost last quarter... Wait, that doesn't sound too good either. 

I will be fair with Sprint in saying that they're doing their best to turn around, call quality and stability are good (in the areas that have coverage), it's just... their data speeds are so slow compared to any other carrier. Sure, T-Mobile's unlimited plan is $20 more expensive, but their LTE is nearly 10 times faster. 

So what do you guys think? Is the uncarrier movement a good one? 

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

But the worst signal :/

Then again, it used to be like that in the UK but three years later, it was the second best. Now T-Mobile (EE) is the best.

But the worst signal :/

Then again, it used to be like that in the UK but three years later, it was the second best. Now T-Mobile (EE) is the best.

Yeah EE, Orange T-Mobile allow each other to use their networks which makes them pretty good. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

isnt t-mobile owned by atnt?
not that I care I have unlimited data with sprint. I'll continue to blow through 30gb of data and not give a damn <3

sweet! my family has been using tmobile since the days of Cingular (before AT&T swalloed it lol) it's nice to see them doing good.

"When you're in high school you should be doing things, about which you could never tell your parents!"

That is nice. Come september i need to make a choice of wether to stay with verizon or switch to Tmobile. The only thing that gives me pause for it is the signal strengh around the edges of the cities around here where it seems i end up during the summer doing fun stuff. I get good signal out there and Tmobile doesnt fair well at all.

CPU     4790K  4.7GHz @ 1.17 volts

MOBO  Asus Z97-K

GPU     980ti Strix

RAM    16GB G.Skill

My family has had T-Mobile for over a decade now and we've never had any problems other than poor signal in the middle of nowhere. Customer support has always been amazing too. I don't see any reason to switch to any other carrier at this point since T-Mobile has been expanding their network constantly.

If they get bought by another company I'll have to drop them, I doubt Sprint would allow them to function as they do now.

isnt t-mobile owned by atnt?

Uh no, and I have no idea where you even heard that.

still all suck compared to Verizon....

Verizons pricing is very bad, and their fees are insane! 

Plus, Verizon messes up every one of their phones by putting their logo all over the place. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

My family has had T-Mobile for over a decade now and we've never had any problems other than poor signal in the middle of nowhere. Customer support has always been amazing too. I don't see any reason to switch to any other carrier at this point since T-Mobile has been expanding their network constantly.

If they get bought by another company I'll have to drop them, I doubt Sprint would allow them to function as they do now.

Uh no, and I have no idea where you even heard that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attempted_purchase_of_T-Mobile_USA_by_AT%26T

it was an attempt, it didnt go through though (obviously)

sprint is the only carrier that supported net neutrality 

sprint is the only carrier that supported net neutrality

I don't think there should be net neutrality for cellular networks. No cellular infrastructure can fully support a ton of people going all out on their data connection and remain stable without having to bend some connections here and there. Then again, that's an entirely different debate.

I don't think there should be net neutrality for cellular networks. No cellular infrastructure can fully support a ton of people going all out on their data connection and remain stable without having to bend some connections here and there. Then again, that's an entirely different debate.

net neutrality doesnt mean you cant do network management 

Verizons pricing is very bad, and their fees are insane! 

Plus, Verizon messes up every one of their phones by putting their logo all over the place. 

VZW AT&T and Sprint all charge the same.  If you have 15GB of Data and 5 lines you pay 300 at VZW.  Sprint cuts your rate in half to 150+ 25-30/phone lease/finance so your "rate" is 50% but your bill is the same.

Intel Core I7-4790K 4.5GHz 1.225V, NZXT Kraken x60 AIO Cooler, EVGA Z97 FTW Board, Kingston Fury 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram, EVGA GTX 980 TI SC+ ACX GPU, Corsair Air 540 Case w/ 3x120MM & 3x140MM Cougar Red LED Fans, EVGA G1 650W 80+ Gold PSU, Crucial MX100 512GB SSD, Samsung UD590 4k 60Hz Monitor