PS4 Not Updating!

Tjomme

My PS4 is not updating to 2.57... without that I can't do much. 

The error is a SU-30645-8 and it says the update file is corrupted.

I've tried installing it several times, clearing all downloads and update if from the settings.

Didn't work. I have not installed another Hard Drive if some sort and it's not full.

When you look for SU-30645-8 on the official playstation website, you can't find anything.

Please helps SADFACE.jpg

"Just go Android (Glorious Android Masterrace)"

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB

PC "SkyT": Radeon 390, i5 6600K, NZXT H440 Razer 

f you are updating the system via the Internet, go to [settings] > [system Software Update] and retry the update.
If you are updating via a USB storage device, please try updating your console via the Internet by navigating to [settings] > [system Software Update] > [update via Internet].
If this isn't possible, please re-download the latest System Update at this page. You'll need to install this using a USB storage device, and the correct folder structure. Details on how to do this can be found here.

Maybe it's an omen!!

PC-Masterrace.jpg

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

f you are updating the system via the Internet, go to [settings] > [system Software Update] and retry the update.

If you are updating via a USB storage device, please try updating your console via the Internet by navigating to [settings] > [system Software Update] > [update via Internet].

If this isn't possible, please re-download the latest System Update at this page. You'll need to install this using a USB storage device, and the correct folder structure. Details on how to do this can be found here.

I said I've tried that and I also said that didn't work.

I don't have an USB with that amount of space.

"Just go Android (Glorious Android Masterrace)"

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB

PC "SkyT": Radeon 390, i5 6600K, NZXT H440 Razer 

Well, I wouldn't know if this will work for PS4, but it worked for me on my ps3 for an update. If it says it has a corrupted file did you do a search on a corrupted file and delete it?

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

Just random.... do you not own a flash drive, or do you not have one larger than 320MB of which you can move files off of temporarily if need be to try the update again?

Either way, you can pick up a 8 or 16 GB USB 2.0 for like, $5 at Walmart.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section