Why does my Ethernet cable not work? HELP

Hello everyone,

I recently brought a powerline adapter for my laptop for gaming and so on. It was amazing, the speed and everything was really good. Until today my laptop does not recognize the ethernet meaning that there is no internet via ethernet but there is internet via wireless which i do not want. 

Now here is a picture of it: http://gyazo.com/a0dac8b25a67e5b9ffb2c4fec7d552ec

Yesterday I was using the internet via ethernet and it all worked, but today for some weird reason it is not working and I am really frustrated 

Have you tried the cable on another device? Have to tried another cable with your laptop?

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

try turning off your wifi on your laptop.

It may sound stupid, but it can work! 

try turning off your wifi on your laptop.

It may sound stupid, but it can work! 

Did that and it didn't work

check the cable as it is directly at the router. also check the powerline connectivity on the devices themselves.

powerline-adapter uses a high frequency on the powerline which can be interfered with when too many different devices are powered over the same line or some outlets are not installed properly.

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight

None of your power-line adapters been turned off? Make sure the cables are all inserted still.

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

check the cable as it is directly at the router. also check the powerline connectivity on the devices themselves.

powerline-adapter uses a high frequency on the powerline which can be interfered with when too many different devices are

Should I restart my router or something

None of your power-line adapters been turned off? Make sure the cables are all inserted still.

I never switch them off

I've restarted my router and I also used a different cable and it still does not work. 

I've restarted my router and I also used a different cable and it still does not work. 

well then the powerline has no ethernetconnection. waht I initially ment was not to restart your router but to plug your PC directly into it with just a ethernetcable - without the powerline in between. what you wanna do now is get all the components out of the question one after the other. so test them separately in their own environment (like the cable as a direct connection to the router).

I guess your powerline adapter is either powered off (yes that is possible), has huge interference or is not paired anymore. all 3 should be visible on the adapter itself in form of LEDs and buttons.

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight