What is the difference between standard and OEM?

Go to solution Solved by shypin,

you can buy standard at stores

you can only get OEM through prebuilt systems

I was looking at a AMD FX 9590 and there are two options, OEM and stadard. I want to know the difference.

CPU Ryzen 5 3600 | Motherboard MSI B550 | RAM 32 GB Corsair Vengance Pro | GPU EVGA GTX 980ti | Case Corsair 4000X | Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD,  Team GX2 1TB SSD | PSU Sentey 850w 80+ Bronze | Cooling AMD Wraith RGB | PCPartPicker URL https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RN7kGc |

For most CPUs the OEM version is designed for prebuilt system manufacturers and will not come with a heatsink... for the FX-9370 and 9590 I'm not sure what the difference is since it doesn't come with a cooler anyways.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

You shouldn't be looking at the suicide clocked FX-8300

At the price it is now and knowing it is such a ​unique  cpu I would buy it. Just like how the Pentium 4 is so bad, just the thought of using one of Intel's or AMD's worst processors makes me and possibly many others feel special inside knowing they don't have an i5 like everyone else. It is about being unique again and feeling powerful for using a 200+ watt processor. It is about being an American. Thank you.

Ok wtf did I just type :wacko:  

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City