Cpu Upgrade

Hi  all, i want to know if upgrading from a Fx-4300 To a FX-8350 will make a BIG difference in AAA titles? as i currently get 50-55Fps in Far Cry 4 @ Medium setting with SMAA enabled.. Like will i be able to change to Very High or Ultra Settings??? Oh yeah I play @1080p

• Main Specs:
  •  
  • Motherboard
    MSI 970 Gaming
  • RAM
    HyperX FURY Series 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2GB GDDR5 @1254Mhz

Also i intend to Overclock...

Hi  all, i want to know if upgrading from a Fx-4300 To a FX-8350 will make a BIG difference in AAA titles? as i currently get 50-55Fps in Far Cry 4 @ Medium setting with SMAA enabled.. Like will i be able to change to Very High or Ultra Settings??? Oh yeah I play @1080p

• Main Specs:
  •  
  • Motherboard
    MSI 970 Gaming
  • RAM
  • GPU

8 cores is in my opinion is too many would go with quad core or six core cpu wont see a whole lot of difference but will see some

8 cores is in my opinion is too many would go with quad core or six core cpu wont see a whole lot of difference but will see some

Maybe A FX-6300??

Hi all, i want to know if upgrading from a Fx-4300 To a FX-8350 will make a BIG difference in AAA titles? as i currently get 50-55Fps in Far Cry 4 @ Medium setting with SMAA enabled.. Like will i be able to change to Very High or Ultra Settings??? Oh yeah I play @1080p

• Main Specs:
  • Motherboard

MSI 970 Gaming

• RAM

• GPU

Yes, if you intent to wait until DirectX 12...

it would be somewhat better in some games...and not any better in some others...your gtx760 is also a big limiting factor to performnce at 1080p in aaa titles...but if you choose to perform the cpu upgrade get the cheapest FX-83xx you cand find and just bump the multiplier yourself...the FX-8320 or fX-8320E for example are cheaper and are exactly the same chip.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

• Main Specs:
  •  
  • Motherboard
    MSI 970 Gaming
  • RAM
  • GPU

Well, I not going to say it can't but I think AMD is a little too far behind on CPU. Give a try on Intel,you know like a i5 4690k or the old Pentium. I know this will cause you to change your mobo too

you do not really benefit from extra cores in gaming but if you do any video editing or rendering, you will benefit from them.

You have a middle end gpu. It would only be able to play games like fc4 at those settings. Save up money untill you get about $700 and get a 980ti

I5 4460 | Sapphire R7 265 | 8gb DDR3

Well, I not going to say it can't but I think AMD is a little too far behind on CPU. Give a try on Intel,you know like a i5 4690k or the old Pentium. I know this will cause you to change your mobo too

yea kinda just got the MSI 970 gaming recently...

You have a middle end gpu. It would only be able to play games like fc4 at those settings. Save up money untill you get about $700 and get a 980ti

yeah im gonna get a newer gpu.. just not with the cpu upgrade... (All about  the Monies)

Save your pennies for Z97 or Z170. You'll be far happier in the long run.

Maybe A FX-6300??

do not forget the AMD piledriver architecture is made of modules, each with ONE FPU, ONE decoder and TWO integer cores...so the FX-6300 is a three ''modules'' CPU and the fx8 is a quad module...so if you want 4 Floating point units and 4 instruction decoders (which imho makes the FX8 a true fancy quad-core chip) you want the fx8.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Save your pennies for Z97 or Z170. You'll be far happier in the long run.

I'll switch to intel Someday just not now...

Just overclock your gpu and save up.

like 1254Mhz is the most stable i could achieve...

imho, the upgrade is not worth it...better to save money for an i5-4460 and a cheap h97 motherboard, this will offer much better gaming performance...you might also want to look at a gtx970 or r9 390 after that...the FX8 will still limit the performance of such gpu's at 1080p (experienced this first hand on 4.6ghz FX8320 and GTX 780)

Trust me dude, $100 gets you an 8-core, $150 gets you a frame-time crushing dual core and a overclocking-ready motherboard that you can turn the multiplier up on out of the box, and upgrade down the road for quite a while. By itself it'll match the 8-core with delicious added benefits.

Trust me dude, $100 gets you an 8-core, $150 gets you a frame-time crushing dual core and a overclocking-ready motherboard that you can turn the multiplier up on out of the box, and upgrade down the road for quite a while. By itself it'll match the 8-core with delicious added benefits.

Listen Dude... I Asked The question... "i want to know if upgrading from a Fx-4300 To a FX-8350 will make a BIG difference in AAA titles?" Okay? Not about switching CPU brand and motherboard.....................

Listen Dude... I Asked The question... "i want to know if upgrading from a Fx-4300 To a FX-8350 will make a BIG difference in AAA titles?" Okay? Not about switching brand and motherboard.....................

We know, it's been answered. The answer is, plain and simple, not really.

i have to strongly disagree...from my experience the FX8 is a MUCH more capable cpu when it comes to gaming...i experienced very bad stutering in MANY AAA titles with the 4.5ghz dual-core where as the fx run's them smooth...sometimes at low framerates, and it does limit the performance of higher end gpu's, but its still much better an much smoother than an overclocked pentium...a dual-core is simply not enough for most modern games...in fact FC4 wont even launch on it!

We know, it's been answered. The answer is, plain and simple, not really.

Just don't post irrelevant Comments. :)

i have to strongly disagree...from my experience the FX8 is a MUCH more capable cpu when it comes to gaming...i experienced very bad stutering in MANY AAA titles with the 4.5ghz dual-core where as the fx run's them smooth...sometimes at low framerates, and it does limit the performance of higher end gpu's, but its still much better an much smoother than an overclocked pentium...a dual-core is simply not enough for most modern games...in fact FC4 wont even launch on it!

Gives you a nice upgrade path, though. And lets you use PCIe 3.0. And in any game using less than 3 threads (quite a few of them) it will really start cooking. And there are a lot of benchmarks out there other than Far Cry 4 (that locking thing was completely ridiculous and arbitrary) that place the Pentium as a very competitive CPU considering what it is. For low-to-mid end gaming, it's very good for the price.

Gives you a nice upgrade path, though. And lets you use PCIe 3.0. And in any game using less than 3 threads (quite a few of them) it will really start cooking. And there are a lot of benchmarks out there other than Far Cry 4 (that locking thing was completely ridiculous and arbitrary) that place the Pentium as a very competitive CPU considering what it is. For low-to-mid end gaming, it's very good for the price.

this cpu will limit the performance of his gtx760 in many games already, and he metionned playing FC4 so...

here a video i made with 4.5 ghz dual-core playing many modern games...look for stuttering you see them even in this 30fps youtube video...framerates and gpu loads allover the place, far from smootn...most games tested are unplayable (recording with shadowplay using the gpu):

The stuttering is Too damn High!