Mechanical keyboards

vazquezjonathan7

I think they are. They'll last ten times as long as your average membrane keyboard, you get a much nicer response out of the clicky ones, often they come with a lot more bells and whistles like rubber-ended legs, backlighting, programmable keys and cable routing and are generally much, much more well built than cheapo cheapo keyboards. I can wrench on my Quickfire TK with all my might (and I'm not exactly the weediest nerd in the club) and it won't torque or break, I plan to use it as a weapon in the zombie apocalypse. All-round, I think that mechanical keyboards are far superior to membrane keyboards, and if you think they're expensive, go to staples and look at some of the more premium membrane keyboards. You can get a basic mechanical keyboard straight from cherry for less than a lot of them, and in my opinion they provide a much nicer typing experience. That's just my opinion, though.

Is a BMW worth it compared to a Toyota? It's the same thing, it's better sure, but it's also a lot more expensive, and you probably won't get to places faster, but you'll feel better on the way there. 

So it all comes down to how you perceive it's value, If you type everyday as your job or if you game a lot, or if you think that typing on a membrane keyboard is putting your hand under a lot of stress, then definitely worth it.