Corsair RGB K70 vs Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Chroma?

Longshot

im buying my first mechanicle(mispelled) keyboard and i dont know which one to buy?

also if its the k70 what cherry mx type is the best?

K70 with Browns.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I perfer browns; its a good mix between red and blue. It comes down to personal preference but I seriously would consider browns.

Long time Linus fan with too many different forums to keep track of LTT's. 

K70 with browns.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Check out the switch guide in my sig!  To find the best key switch, you need to find out what is the best for you!  Also, get the K70.

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

I bought the K70 on sale, refurbished, for $100. Just got it in the mail yesterday and so far it's fantastic. I tested both the browns and the red switches, and prefer the browns, but the keyboard sale only had the reds so I went with those instead. TBH, I love the reds anyway, and it's such a massive improvement from my old keyboard that I am 100% happy. I preferred the browns because I thought they were quieter, but the reds aren't as loud as I expected, and I can't hear them with my headphones on, nor can my TS teammates hear them when I type. Also, colors are badass. 

I think you'll be fine with either red or brown, but definitely try them out to see which ones you like best. If youre next to a microcenter, they probably have a testing display. 

I have the K70 RGB MX Brown, Razer 2012 blackwidow ultimate and Razer 2014 blackwidow MX Green and the Ducky 2108

The Corsair K70 RGB has been RMA twice now and has died again... There is no support from Corsair regarding the never lit UK key left of the z key. Slash or | key. 

Software is buggy, complicated but I like this, but also keyboard has issues with sometimes not being detected (tested on multiple machines) and locking up at unexpected times. The media keys are great but software doesn't seem to play well with my winamp even though it's in the software. First rma I had to send back as it was double typing certain keys like the i,a,s etc. Then it just started being intermittent. MX Brown are way way to easy to press for my liking. As for the lighting the keys are elevated and have no back reflective surface which makes the lighting somewhat dull unless in a dark environment. Compare this to Razers RGB keyboard (chrome) and again it puts it to shame.

The Razer 2012 Love it, way way way better than the Corsair K70RGB, I broke a key and purchased the 2014 edition of the keyboard being unable to find the same one, not the same at all. Still very good for typing and light years ahead of the K70.

So now I'm with The Ducky 2108 MX blue, love it, better than all I've had so far. An expensive journey to say the least. Much better typing and gaming is just as fine.

If you want more flashing lights etc check out the model up which is the Ducky 2108S and then the Ducky Shine 4, price goes up too.

I personally have had enough of the bling bling and gone back to the essentials. I have 2 £5 keyboards from logitech which I still find I can type faster and more accurate on than any mechanical keyboards I've used and have gotten used to. Even just switching for a day back to the old logitech k200 poses no adjustment issues, you just hit the floor running where as a mechanical takes a little bit of time to adjust to. I wont be purchasing another mechanical after the ducky, but if I had to buy another or recommend another mechanical, it would be the ducky. Comes in all the MX Switch colours you could possibly want, for me MX blue is essential, MX green is also good, these are the tactile mx switches, the rest are just rubbish for me.