Seasonic M12II EVO 620W - Buzzing/whining noise

Rukia325
So I bought this PSU last week and it was making buzzing/whining noises that were quite distracting in a silent room. I took it back to the store and they swapped it over after testing it and they agreed about the buzzing/whining noises. I installed the replacement PSU and it's the exact same thing.

Am I just unlucky to get a faulty psu twice or is it supposed to be like this? Returning it to the store of purchase was a 2 hour trip so I'm really pissed about the replacement having the same problem.

So I bought this PSU last week and it was making buzzing/whining noises that were quite distracting in a silent room. I took it back to the store and they swapped it over after testing it and they agreed about the buzzing/whining noises. I installed the replacement PSU and it's the exact same thing.

Am I just unlucky to get a faulty psu twice or is it supposed to be like this? Returning it to the store of purchase was a 2 hour trip so I'm really pissed about the replacement having the same problem.

You got one of the older versions twice. Seasonic did a refresh that solved this. I usually avoid recommending this model because of this problem. 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

The PSU is not faulty it has just really bad coil whine which is unfortunate. Try to return it or ask if you can get differen PSU if thats an option.. I recommend Super Flower Golden Green or Leadex if you are from EU.

You got one of the older versions twice. Seasonic did a refresh that solved this. I usually avoid recommending this model because of this problem. 

Isn't 'EVO' the refresh one?

Pretty sure it is, yes. Could be wrong.

That's the one I have. Maybe it's just how the PSU is like WereCat said?

Although I checked some customer reviews and I didn't see people complaining about coil whine.