Got banned from Arma 3. Want to buy again!

jam1234

Hey,

I recently got global banned from ARMA 3 (I didn't hack i promise).

I want to buy it again on another steam account but I want to make sure I don't get banned on that account for some reason (Just me being careful).

I reported the ban to BattleEye as being a false but got no reply. I want to buy it again but I am wondering if arma 3 will remember my GUID and ban me again??? Should I uninstall it or do the bans work on CD Key's?

Thanks for you help! 

My PC: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MN3YwP

Wish I could afford to do giveaways for you guys, Sorry school doesn't pay me! <3

it bans your steam account.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

You don't know why you got banned? :P BTW it bans your steam account from the game.

Let them investigate. If you are guilty suck it up. If you are not you will be able to play again. 

Bans are done via Cd key.

You will need to remove the registry from Windows before running the game on a different account. If you run it on an account that has not been banned the game will see the Cd key is missing and download a new one from the steam db for registry that is tied to your account. You can keep the same install, just delete the registry key before playing on a different account. You can find tons of tutorials out there for this.

And remember, battle eye is correct 99% of the time. But there still is that 1%

I too was EHEM falsely banned 4 years back when I was just getting into computer games.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

You don't know why you got banned? :P BTW it bans your steam account from the game.

Yes it doesn't tell me and BattleEye won't tell me sooo yeah

You will need to remove the registry from Windows before running the game on a different account. If you run it on an account that has not been banned the game will see the Cd key is missing and download a new one from the steam db for registry that is tied to your account. You can keep the same install, just delete the registry key before playing on a different account. You can find tons of tutorials out there for this.

I too was EHEM falsely banned 4 years back when I was just getting into computer games.

Ok thanks, will look for a video!

Wish I could afford to do giveaways for you guys, Sorry school doesn't pay me! <3

Any tutorial links?

Any tutorial links?

Oh... Arma 3 uses a completely different broken system instead of the broken arma 2 system for registering who you are.

Nvm, just running the game on another steam account should be fine. Arma 3 no longer handles guid with registry cd keys. Can't believe that bohemia was actually thoughtful enough to change that, considering they can't put in enough thought to optimize their engine.

Regardless, if the game says you're banned while you're on a different account, then simply uninstall/reinstall. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Oh... Arma 3 uses a completely different broken system instead of the broken arma 2 system for registering who you are.

Nvm, just running the game on another steam account should be fine. Arma 3 no longer handles guid with registry cd keys. Can't believe that bohemia was actually thoughtful enough to change that, considering they can't put in enough thought to optimize their engine.

Regardless, if the game says you're banned while you're on a different account, then simply uninstall/reinstall. 

Ok! Thanks for your help!!