A few Q's when hooking up corsair 100i Gt whatever style coolers

1: I've heard you shouldnt connect the pump to the cou header because if the pump is faulty it will break. It sounds like a myth but could someone clarify?

2: With the fans on the pump, do i connect those to the fan controller on a case, or channel fan headers?

Well if the Pump is faulty it will break anyway, just set the CPU header to a constant 100% for the pump, connect the fans from the AiO wherever you like, also there is a EDIT function

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Well if the Pump is faulty it will break anyway, just set the CPU header to a constant 100% for the pump, connect the fans from the AiO wherever you like, also there is a EDIT function

Thank you!! And i will note that in the future :D

1) I have never heard of this myth so I would not be able to clarify. However when there is no fan connected to the CPU fan header the motherboard will not continue with POST. The system will respond that there is nothing connected to this header and shut down the system to protect your CPU. In any case you should be connecting the main cable from the pump to the CPU fan header. 

2) You can connect the fans to any current header you wish. The benefit of connecting the fans directly to the base of the pump is that you can set the fan curve using the Corsair utility. This allows the system to automatically ramp up the speed of the fans when it needs to cool the water during load. 

I currently have a H100i GT installed in my system. I have not had any problems with the pumps main connection installed to the CPU fan header. I also have the res fans connected to the main pump. This has allowed me to set a proper curve for my system when it's under load. Though if you already know how you want to set the fan curve for your system you can connect the res fans to an additional controller. 

1) I have never heard of this myth so I would not be able to clarify. However when there is no fan connected to the CPU fan header the motherboard will not continue with POST. The system will respond that there is nothing connected to this header and shut down the system to protect your CPU. In any case you should be connecting the main cable from the pump to the CPU fan header.

2) You can connect the fans to any current header you wish. The benefit of connecting the fans directly to the base of the pump is that you can set the fan curve using the Corsair utility. This allows the system to automatically ramp up the speed of the fans when it needs to cool the water during load.

I currently have a H100i GT installed in my system. I have not had any problems with the pumps main connection installed to the CPU fan header. I also have the res fans connected to the main pump. This has allowed me to set a proper curve for my system when it's under load. Though if you already know how you want to set the fan curve for your system you can connect the res fans to an additional controller.

If i connect the pump to the cpu header will it recodnize it as a fan?

I've totally heard of NOT plugging the fans/pump directly in to the CPU FAN header, but you have to bridge the CPU FAN header and you will have no control over the pump unless you are running an external fan controller.

If you don't bridge the CPU FAN header then you will get errors, you can also just plug the fans in to a fan splitter the the fan splitter to the CPU header and control all the fans like that..

If i connect the pump to the cpu header will it recodnize it as a fan?

Yes, connecting the main cable line from the pump to the fan header will allow the system to recognize that a "fan" was connected. Again, this is just to ensure that the CPU is receiving proper cooling, and that you don't damage your system.