How much more is rigid tubing?

I've heard that just fittings can cost £300+ I've also heard its the exact same price as soft tubing in some case cheaper

yep i heard rigid tubing is cheaper than soft tubing

It can be cheaper, but if it is your first time messing with hardline tubing you will mess up a lot, which can drive the price up. The tools you will need for it as well bring the cost up, and the fittings are about the same cost if you go with nothing from bitspower because 20$ for a straight fitting is bullshit. 

I've heard that just fittings can cost £300+ I've also heard its the exact same price as soft tubing in some case cheaper

I think it's 'more expensive' when you consider the tools you need, but that's totally relative. I guess people who do hard tubing tend to spend more simply because they are in the highest tier, and that's associated with a higher average cost.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Rigid tubing is cheaper than soft tubing per length for the same quality as PETG hardling, that is non-staining, anti-bacterial etc.

Some righid fitting are expensive but there are cheap ones that look really good from primochill and you could get like 6 for $30.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I recently priced out both soft & hardline and the soft came out to cost more, barely though.  The tubing itself is actually cheaper with hardline (PETG anyways, not sure about acrylic never priced that out).

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

If you go for just the minimum amount of fittings needed, then the cost difference is only the tools needed.

And both hardline and soft tubing can use a few hundred in fittings alone, if you build that way.

The cost of fittings really only comes into play if you're not bending the tube.  It's pretty common for the cost of hardline tubing to skyrocket if you're using angled fittings to get your runs straight, otherwise, you can get away with as low as 6 fittings with hardline tubing (if you're using a pump/res combo) where the tubing is bent.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

According to Jayz2cents, it's cheaper.

I guess it's kind of true if you buy premium tubes like Primochill Primoflex.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless