Upgrade to Window 10 is shown as Failed in status bar

pii_nak
Go to solution Solved by pii_nak,

1) run CMD as administrator
          2) hit this: net user Administrator /active:yes
          3) Close CMD
Then, sign in that new Administrator account.
After that, back to the original tactitc. Now, u DO NOT NEED to delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download.
what u need to do is:
             1) open control panel, open update windows. (DON’T HIT CHECK FOR UPDATE yet)
             2) open CMD as administrator and type: wuauclt.exe /updatenow    (DON’T HIT ENTER YET)
             3) click check for update now in control panel. then quickly hit enter on CMD. it will straight update to windows 10 if you not delete Download folder in                                        SoftwareDistribution yet.

Written by ascariz

these are detailied steps @pii_nak

Great to know. I will try

Hello everyone, I have been waiting for my window 10 upgrade for awhile now. My Laptop has meet the system requirement for update so nothing is missing. but everytime checking my update status, I always see my window 10 upgrade shown as failed everyday. I try to view detail so it show "Code 80240020 Error". So what should I do? and Thanks guys for helping.

P.s I know about clean installation but I don't want to do it since I heard many people has to deal with driver issue doing the "clean installation"

My laptop specs: 

CPU: Intel core i5 4200H 

Gpu: Nvidia GTX 760M with intel 4600

screen: 1920x1080p

Ram: 12GB

Available space: 100GB free 

Edited by pii_nak

Hello everyone, I have been waiting for my window 10 upgrade for awhile now. My Laptop has meet the system requirement for update so nothing is missing. but everytime checking my update status, I always see my window 10 upgrade shown as failed everyday. I try to view detail so it show "Code 80240020 Error". So what should I do? and Thanks guys for helping.

P.s I know about clean installation but I don't want to do it since I heard many people has to deal with driver issue doing the "clean installation"

My laptop specs: 

CPU: Intel core i5 4200H 

Gpu: Nvidia GTX 760M with intel 4600

screen: 1920x1080p

Ram: 12GB

Available space: 100GB free 

have you tried using the tool on their site?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

I'd Google "Code 80240020 Error" and it should give you some results on what exactly that error is. 

I'll try 

I thought about it until I hear people is having hard time dealing with driver using this method so that why I asked everyone for alternative way.

Do you use win 8?

if you do then you need to do next:

open cmd and activate adminstrator

then log in as adminstrator

next open windows update and cmd

in cmd type  wuauclt.exe /updatenow

next press check for updates and enter that command. 

enjoy win 10

Do you use win 8?

Yes my laptop is come with window 8 but now i currently using 8.1 because of update.

Yes my laptop is come with window 8 but now i currently using 8.1 because of update.

Read the edit part

3) Close CMD
After that, back to the original tactitc. Now, u DO NOT NEED to delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download.
what u need to do is:
             2) open CMD as administrator and type: wuauclt.exe /updatenow    (DON’T HIT ENTER YET)
             3) click check for update now in control panel. then quickly hit enter on CMD. it will straight update to windows 10 if you not delete Download folder in                                        SoftwareDistribution yet.

Written by ascariz

3) Close CMD
what u need to do is:

Written by ascariz

Great to know. I will try