Low SSD speeds?

ciprian97pop

EDIT: forgot to mention that the ssd is a Kingston V300 120gb

a few days ago I got a laptop so I can take it with me to college(specs in my signature). I made a few threadss of what laptop to buy and because of my budget i chose to buy a second-hand laptop. it's been bought about a year ago(still has one more year guarantee) but that person didn't used it that much(it looks in perfect shape). one addition that the previous owner made to it was swapping the 500gb hhd with a 120gb ssd which speeds up everything

now here comes the problem. I never had any device with an ssd but after a few benchmarks i think that it gets pretty low sequential write speeds for an ssd

look at this screenshot

Untitled.png

the read speeds are very good(imo) but the write speeds look a litle low(the first one)

is there anything I can do to improve them?

also,  am I the only one that gets lower benchamrk results using windows 10 compared to 8.1?

in cinebench I was able to get 40-45 fps in the graphics benchmark and now i get around 27-30.

maybe it's just a driver problem that will be fixed in the future

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Highly depends on the ssd he put in there. If he used a samsung 840 (non pro/ evo), then that speed is round about right, as the write speeds of tlc flash isnt very good. either way, the write speeds arent nearly as important as the read speeds, and those are looking quite nice.

since windows 10 just came out, those benchmarks numbers will likely get fixed soon enough... 

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Kingston V300, eh?

Sounds about right; not a very good flash in that thing.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Highly depends on the ssd he put in there. If he used a samsung 840 (non pro/ evo), then that speed is round about right, as the write speeds of tlc flash isnt very good. either way, the write speeds arent nearly as important as the read speeds, and those are looking quite nice.

since windows 10 just came out, those benchmarks numbers will likely get fixed soon enough... 

forgot to mention the ssd maker and model in the op

the results from this benchmarking program seem better

Untitled.png

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Its a v300 what do u expect...

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

I'm never buying a kingston ssd again. Don't know if this is the right way to test it.

r5ReROU.png