Is my 4790K dead?

LazyDev

Recently, I had two motherboards die on me thanks to Raijentek's mounting shorting both boards. I got a new motherboard today under RMA, installed it and.. 

The board powered on for around 10 seconds, then went off. Now, it powers on, then switches off 1 second after. Not an instant power off, but a smooth power off (were the caps in the power supply drain with LED's dimming down).

I've got down to everything removed but the CPU and the symptoms persist. if I remove the CPU the boards stays powered on.

Is my CPU bad? And how do I do an RMA of a CPU, send it back to Intel?

The board is perfectly fine, no bent pins and a reset bios

Current Build

have you another chip to try in the motherboard

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Recently, I had two motherboards die on me thanks to Raijentek's mounting shorting both boards. I got a new motherboard today under RMA, installed it and.. 

The board powered on for around 10 seconds, then went off. Now, it powers on, then switches off 1 second after. Not an instant power off, but a smooth power off (were the caps in the power supply drain with LED's dimming down).

I've got down to everything removed but the CPU and the symptoms persist. if I remove the CPU the boards stays powered on.

Is my CPU bad? And how do I do an RMA of a CPU, send it back to Intel?

The board is perfectly fine, no bent pins and a reset bios

How do the Pins of your CPU look like? Are they fine too? and whats about the old Mainboards, where they damaged at the pins?

the 4790K has no pins on the chip itself, they're all in the socket and they're fine

I cannot send back to the buyer as they're no longer active

http://prntscr.com/809z5p

I need to do an RMA with Intel, but I don't know how to do it

Current Build

Contact them and ask?

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/company-overview/contact-us.html

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Contact the Support, they are friendly and fast.

In Europe they will give you a DHL-Express number. Then you need to call DHL and they will pick up the CPU (for free) and send it to the Netherlands to test it. After that they will send you the replacement. The support will give you detailed and clear instructions, so just contact them!

Thanks for the support, now dealing with the RMA

Current Build

Another thing

How do I find the manufacture date of my new motherboard via the serial number? I could get a rough guess on what bios version is running on the M/B

Current Build

MSI has stated my bios on the new motherboard is up to date, so I most likely have a dead CPU.

Current Build

MSI has stated my bios on the new motherboard is up to date, so I most likely have a dead CPU.

that sucks man! I hope you can get it all taken care of via RMA, even though it takes some time

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q