Problems with 4K @ 60 HZ

Azsheran

Hello all,

Im having some issues with my new Monitor..
So first of all, my pc specs

Intel 4820K @ 4,7 Ghz

16GB DDR3 Memory (Corsair XMP not active)

Asus Rampage IV Black Edition

2x GTX 970 MSI 4G OCed and custom Bios

My Monitors are:
3x Asus MX 239h running in Surround (5760*1080 @ 60)
1x LG 49UB830V (which im trying to use in 4K which is possible but only @ 30hz without problems)

but the problem is, when Surround is active, im getting problems in 4K @ 60HZ on the accessory display.

When i set the refresh rate to 60 or something else above 30 im having flimmering on the display.

When i set the display back to 30 the display is kinda pink, then i have to set the extra setting back to RGB , then the display works fine with the colours but im having input lag and generally much lag on the mouse or something else...

Can anyone help me please? I dont know how to fix this...

Some more information, im Using 2X DVI and 1X DP for the surround displays and the HDMI 2.0 for the TV, the tv itself has also HDMI 2.0 and support 4k @ 60

Greetings Azsheran

HDMI 2.0 for the TV, the tv itself has also HDMI 2.0 and support 4k @ 60

Greetings Azsheran

Does your motherboard have HDMI?

Gaming PC: CPU: i7 4770k@4.2GHz w/ CM Nepton 140xl, GPU: Gigabyte 1070 @2050, RAM: ADATA XPG V1 16GB@2133MHz, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7, Case: Corsair NZXT S340.

Try running the 4k monitor of a display port and see what happens.

900 posts :D

Okay it doesnt have HDMI, which makes sense cause the prozessor doesnt have intigrated Graphics on this chip :)

i only have an hdmi to dp adapter, when i tried using this it didnt work even but ill try again, give me a sec.

Yes it has, why?

I'd reccommend quoting people since some people don't always follow the topics they comment on but you always get a notification if somebody quoted you. ;-)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

so, i tried it now, with the DP adapter and on the DP im only getting 1920x1080 @60

Hello all,

Im having some issues with my new Monitor..

So first of all, my pc specs

Intel 4820K @ 4,7 Ghz

16GB DDR3 Memory (Corsair XMP not active)

Asus Rampage IV Black Edition

2x GTX 970 MSI 4G OCed and custom Bios

My Monitors are:

3x Asus MX 239h running in Surround (5760*1080 @ 60)

1x LG 49UB830V (which im trying to use in 4K which is possible but only @ 30hz without problems)

but the problem is, when Surround is active, im getting problems in 4K @ 60HZ on the accessory display.

When i set the refresh rate to 60 or something else above 30 im having flimmering on the display.

When i set the display back to 30 the display is kinda pink, then i have to set the extra setting back to RGB , then the display works fine with the colours but im having input lag and generally much lag on the mouse or something else...

Can anyone help me please? I dont know how to fix this...

Some more information, im Using 2X DVI and 1X DP for the surround displays and the HDMI 2.0 for the TV, the tv itself has also HDMI 2.0 and support 4k @ 60

Greetings Azsheran

I'm not sure if this is correct but Isn't HDMI 2.0 only just enough for 4k @ 60hz. It's possible the audio is using to much of the bandwidth and 60hz can't be used at the same time

So should i Try to disable Audio on HDMI then?

I'm not sure if this is correct but Isn't HDMI 2.0 only just enough for 4k @ 60hz. It's possible the audio is using to much of the bandwidth and 60hz can't be used at the same time

Don't quote me on this just remember something being said along those lines. Trying to find actual proof this might be the issue but I can't as of yet. I'll see if I can find any info for you and get back to you.

Don't quote me on this just remember something being said along those lines. Trying to find actual proof this might be the issue but I can't as of yet. I'll see if I can find any info for you and get back to you.

Thank you very much,

I tried it yet and i still have the same problem, the picture is two times on the display (one on the left upper corner and one on the right upper corner and the bottom half is flickering hard... Hope someone can help me 

Thank you very much,
I tried it yet and i still have the same problem, the picture is two times on the display (one on the left upper corner and one on the right upper corner and the bottom half is flickering hard... Hope someone can help me 

If you only have the 4k display connected do you get 60hz and audio?

Which of the HDMI 2.0 ports have you tried?

49ub830v_1600_003.jpg

I didnt try yet, but i think i know the problem, 

The TV Manual says 4K @ 60 Hz is supported with OUtput YCbCr 4:2:0 but in windows i can only get RGB or YCbCr444 

Here the Manual ... 

4K @ 50/60 Hz Support Format Resolution Frame rate (Hz) Colour Depth / Chroma Sampling 3840 x 2160p | 4096 x 2160p | 50.00 | 59.94 | 60.00 | 8 bit / YCbCr 4:2:0

How do i get managed to set it up for YCbCr 4:2:0 ???

i think i tried all but what do you think? which one should i take? because they should all be the same, only the one which carries HDCP2.2?? 

I can't find any real info on the 4k @ 60hz with surround audio as well but it looks like HDMI 2.0 should be able to do both otherwise I would have found something by now.

I really Think that its caused by the problem that i cant manage it to YCbCr 4:2:0 at 4K over 30 HZ, because in the manual its written i need this format to reach this and even Nvidia Settings tell me that YCbCr is needed for reduce flimmering, input lag and higher refresh rates

So i tested it now, only using the TV alone at 4K with 60 HZ and it works fine.

I didnt try yet, but i think i know the problem, 

The TV Manual says 4K @ 60 Hz is supported with OUtput YCbCr 4:2:0 but in windows i can only get RGB or YCbCr444 

Here the Manual ... 

4K @ 50/60 Hz Support Format Resolution Frame rate (Hz) Colour Depth / Chroma Sampling 3840 x 2160p | 4096 x 2160p | 50.00 | 59.94 | 60.00 | 8 bit / YCbCr 4:2:0

How do i get managed to set it up for YCbCr 4:2:0 ???

That is strange that it's set up like this. I'll have a look and see if I can find anything that might help you.

So i tested it now, only using the TV alone at 4K with 60 HZ and it works fine.

So it must be because of the two different chroma samplings cause issues and aren't gonna work together.

Well you did well figuring it all out man, just unlucky it isn't working properly yet.

You'd think there would have to be a way to get it all working properly though.

Ill hope so, i tested it now using only a single display ( the 4k display) and im even able to play games in 3D Mode, without any issues in 4K , so i dont get it why i cant set it up when Surround is active

So it must be because of the two different chroma samplings cause issues and aren't gonna work together.

Well you did well figuring it all out man, just unlucky it isn't working properly yet.

You'd think there would have to be a way to get it all working properly though.

I tested a bit more, and i found out that the problem is only caussing when Triple Surround is active, if its not, i can use the 4k Display at 60 HZ without any problems, so any suggestions how to handle it with still using Surroud?