Sponsored Build - How?

randy hutajulu

just wondering how to get sponsored build?

is there any certification or something that related to building skill or experience?

just wanna know. i'm just curious.

thx and regards

You mean getting sponsored by companies like Corsair or Asus? You need an audience or at least lots of attention, it's advertisement for them that's why they sponsor people to either use their hardware or even by paying them. 

Nothing else is required really. 

You mean getting sponsored by companies like Corsair or Asus? You need an audience or at least lots of attention, it's advertisement for them that's why they sponsor people to either use their hardware or even by paying them. 

Basically, they have to like you, and you've got to have a lot of people to show it off too.

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

just wondering how to get sponsored build?

is there any certification or something that related to building skill or experience?

just wanna know. i'm just curious.

thx and regards

Write to them why they should sponsor you and give you free shit. Remember to write it on lined paper and also MAIL it to show your sincere.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

Basically, they have to like you, and you've got to have a lot of people to show it off too.

"Liking" someone has nothing to do with it really, it's business. You don't have to "like" business partners, you just need them to be useful to you. It's a more cynical way of looking at it, but that's how it works at the end of the day. 

Lol.

You become sponsored if you have an audience wide enough that your hopefully positive opinion of said hardware, will affect their sales in a positive way.

Basically, you aren't going to get a sponsored build unless you run a popular store or a popular content based business.

"Liking" someone has nothing to do with it really, it's business. You don't have to "like" business partners, you just need them to be useful to you. It's a more cynical way of looking at it, but that's how it works at the end of the day. 

By like, I mean you and the company have to have some kind of good relationship. If they think your going to take their components, and run off with them, they probably won't give you shit because the entire point of them contributing anything is good exposure to an audience.

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

so, if.. just if...

i'm a content creator and i send them a mail to some brand that i want to make a build using their products that focus on what i need. and show the world that their product are very2 useful for these kind of needs. 

am i right?

so, if.. just if...

i'm a content creator and i send them a mail to some brand that i want to make a build using their products that focus on what i need. and show the world that their product are very2 useful for these kind of needs. 

am i right?

Only if you're popular, then maybe.

ouw... yea.. 

that's why i said "if" lol

just wanna know how this thing works.

Write to them why they should sponsor you and give you free shit. Remember to write it on lined paper and also MAIL it to show your sincere.

Lol.

You become sponsored if you have an audience wide enough that your hopefully positive opinion of said hardware, will affect their sales in a positive way.

Basically, you aren't going to get a sponsored build unless you run a popular store or a popular content based business.

is anyone here know email address or maybe contact of PR from any brands such as asus, evga, gigabyte, or anything

or anyone here have any experience on getting sponsored build?

that will be helpful.

i think some of people here need this. people with special modding capability, or have a good growing PC store, or maybe a crazy overclocker.

i don't really need this since i don't have any capability for getting sponsored anyway lol. i just wanna know how the procedure for getting sponsored. just curious, but im sure many people here need this.

thx and regards :D

is anyone here know email address or maybe contact of PR from any brands such as asus, evga, gigabyte, or anything

that will be helpful.

i think some of people here need this. people with special modding capability, or have a good growing PC store, or maybe a crazy overclocker.

i don't really need this since i don't have any capability for getting sponsored anyway lol. i just wanna know how the procedure for getting sponsored. just curious, but im sure many people here need this.

You will find contact details on their websites and community manager on forums of each brand. But person who'd make build will need some prove of their work beforehand. Companies, like said, are looking to get advertised as high end solution at lan parties and other shows. They aren't going to sponsor nobodies first try on modding or custom builds.

Even Linus had made PCs (for NCIX) and Luke has his oil cooled past. They have something to show about their skills. And wide audience.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

that will be helpful.

considering the big mess that people like Barnacules have been dealing with related to random people pretending to work with him and requesting free stuff from these major companies, I don't get a great feeling from this thread...

I could be such a great case modder/builder if I had the proper equipment/work space.. , something to work towards I guess ;)

How many builds have you completed and is there enough of your work to collectively constitute a "portfolio" good enough to "pitch" to vendors?

If not, start building/modding like crazy.

-Rich

Spotswood Computer Cases

I could be such a great case modder/builder if I had the proper equipment/work space.. , something to work towards I guess ;)

This kind of guy really need a way. He has the passion and willing and i think he deserves a shot.

Considering the big mess that people like Barnacules have been dealing with related to random people pretending to work with him and requesting free stuff from these major companies, I don't get a great feeling from this thread...

You're not the only one. He has yet to explain if he has an audience, a brand or any reason for Corsair to sponsor him and trust him with their components (even if they don't cost that much per unit). It sounds like he expects them to randomly sponsor him and send him buttloads of equipment, even if his intention isn't malicious.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

I should get back into building custom PCs. Hmm.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

This kind of guy really need a way. He has the passion and willing and i think he deserves a shot.

You should see some of the stuff I have modded/built with a lack of tools or proper materials haha, I'll post a pic of a midi controller I made in a bit here ha :) thanks for the compliment as well :)

You should see some of the stuff I have modded/built with a lack of tools or proper materials haha, I'll post a pic of a midi controller I made in a bit here ha :) thanks for the compliment as well :)

wow.. i would like to see that. do u have any link? or maybe u want to share your masterpieces in this post sir

wow.. i would like to see that. do u have any link? or maybe u want to share your masterpieces in this post sir

Sure thing, here's my Instagram ;) its the pink and white one, I plan to add some faders and knobs, and get a better enclosure for it, had to make due with chopping up a cutting board ;) like I said.. Lack of tools and supplies. Gotta get creative haha.

https://instagram.com/p/z8Z4Bnm__P/

Sure thing, here's my Instagram ;) its the pink and white one, I plan to add some faders and knobs, and get a better enclosure for it, had to make due with chopping up a cutting board ;) like I said.. Lack of tools and supplies. Gotta get creative haha.

https://instagram.com/p/z8Z4Bnm__P/

wow.. nice work sir :D

hhmmm.. i'm wondering what are those buttons for?

wow.. nice work sir :D

hhmmm.. i'm wondering what are those buttons for?

making music using software using samples, recordings or created sounds