pc to tv hdmi connection dead

mario_bbb

Hi all, well i have a strange problem with my pc to tv hdmi connection. Since i bought the tv (philips 47pfl3188h/12) i am trying to connect my desktop pc to it but it will not happen. First i was plugging my old pc: c2d,4 gb ram,gpu gt 630 2gb ram, and it shows no signal over a hdmi,and after turning off pc and tv to try to get picture on it it ended up with 2 hdmi port on tv dead. I take it to service waited a month to be fixed like sbb or moderboard in tv is fried i try it again,same old pc and it went dead again,so i take it to service again. Now i decided to get myself a new pc and gpu thinking that something is wrong with my old one and i manage to get:raidmax vortex v4,I7 4790k,8gb gskill ram,asrock z97x fatality killer motherboard,and r9 270x asus gpu hoping that after tv comes back from service it will work. Hell no, tv came back,first ive tried to plug it in and it worked pc off,tv off,fire tv first than pc it works,that was on the floor testing,while ive put tv on the wall,pc in my desk etc i tried that same thing again 3 days after and puff it died again but now instead of 2 hdmi ports dead right away,only one died. And this is all with new pc. So hdmi works when i connect laptop acer aspire 5750 and asus x55c but every single time dies when i plug pc on it. I am sick of bringing tv to service, so can u help me a bit here,i am stuck with this one. Best regards from Sarajevo,sry for my rusty english :D

Hello,

First its important to make sure that the HDMI slot is ticked as source of the tv. If this doesnt fix the problem you can try to put your graphics card into another PCIe slot. Make also sure that your used cable isnt broken.

Comnacobra

Hi,ty for reply, i have changed all of that 3 diferent cables,pci slots,but still hdmi dies on tv with 2 diferent desktop pc. Every time that tv comes back from service before it dies when connected to pc its working with laptops,like now i have just one hdmi still working but only with laptop.