Razer Blade Pro 2014 Help Needed

Hello from Toronto,

So ill try to keep this as short as possible.

- I purchased a Razer Blade Pro 2014 (256GB) when it launched. 

- I recently tried to upgrade the HDD/SSD 

When I removed the bottom case I was surprised to see that there is a perfect cut out for a 2.5inch hdd/ssd including mounting points. Razer BPro 2013 came with 2hdd, so does current RazerBPro 2015. 1 HDD and 1 SSD. The 2014 was marketed as having a bigger battery!! But it doesn't, exact same size as all previous models, just a empty space beside it. OK that's a little weird...ill just contact Razer and ask if they offer HDD Upgrades this is what they said: 

Salutations PrXXXX , 

Sorry, as we do not offer such upgrades. The space was left by our engineers for various reasons. <---------VARIOUS REASONS!!

All specs and options are as listed on our site.

Best Regards,

Steven M.

Razer - CSM

I contacted them again and asked them to send me instructions on upgrading the SSD (before I upgrade to windows 10). I studied Comp Sci at Queens and was a Cert. Appl Tech/Genius so I have extensive knowledge in repairing/building and upgrading PCs' but when I opened the RBP the entire build is very very custom in order to accommodate the SBUI (Switch Blade UI) so I asked for instructions just to be safe with my 4k investment. This is what they said: 

Salutations PrXXXX , 

Sorry, as due to liability reasons we are not able to assist with the modification of any Razer system. 

Sincerely,

Steven M.

Razer Customer Support

TL/DR

Help me Upgrade the SSD on my 2014 Razer Blade Pro and if possible install a 2.5inch HDD. I already carry a massive external and wish to cut down on..carrying stuff. 

Sincerely,

A Burning Derp

in the really odd case Linus sees this, Congrats on the enormous success of your channel...blondie. :P

EDIT (1)

I tried the whole iFIXIT route, wasn't helpful in the slightest. 

Edited by Burning Derp

Titan Powered

"I will try to keep this as short as possible" he said......Horse Radish I say. 

Titan Powered

try to find an ifixit guide and crack that baby open

"I will try to keep this as short as possible" he said......Horse Radish I say. 

"As short as possible" means as short as possible to explain what is needed, not arbitrarily super short.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"