Hilarious Motherboard Box MediaCenter Build

Valkyrie Lenneth

hey, a while ago i made a mediacenter using a motherboard box as a case i thought it was rather funny so im sharing it here :D

it has extra usb ports, a power button and everything a normal pc has ... but its a box!

temperatures under stress 30-35*C on the cores ( prime95 small fft ambient temp 20*C )

cpu Core 2 duo E5400

ram 4gb ddr2 800mhz

hdd 160gb laptop drive 5400rpm

gpu Nvidia 210gt

case... MOTHERBOARD BOX! LOL!

it works great for a half year already never issues with temps and no dust at all :D haha, the case has a gap on top due to the box design so it gets enough airflow :D, the motherboard is applied by Velcro... :D hahaha

its now downstairs on a 40inch tv

I CALLED IT THE MEDIA BOX COZ ITS A BOX

check pictures as it progresses! xD

post-243340-0-37909300-1438569388_thumb.

post-243340-0-85258400-1438569392_thumb.

post-243340-0-14695200-1438569396_thumb.

post-243340-0-36093400-1438569400_thumb.

post-243340-0-89709100-1438569402_thumb.

(◑‿◐)

hey, a while ago i made a mediacenter using a motherboard box as a case i thought it was rather funny so im sharing it here :D

temperatures under stress 30-35*C on the cores

cpu Core 2 duo E5400

ram 4gb ddr2 800mhz

it works great for a half year already never issues with temps and no dust at all :D haha, the case has a gap on top due to the box design so it gets enough airflow :D

wow that's actually really awesome. ghetto FTW!

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

that the best case i have ever seen my friend and pretty cool at that, 30 degrees is pretty low

wow that's actually really awesome. ghetto FTW!

everytime i see it downstairs it makes me smile when its turned on playing movies hahahah, the family loves to use it :)

(◑‿◐)

Is the PSU just balancing on the MOBO??

No the Psu is actually Next to the mobo its actually applied to the box by Velcro under it and Taped to the box aswell

it doesnt even touch the motherboard besides on the side against it ( if u look good u can see its a micro atx board sitting next to it ^^ , it fits just perfect )

(◑‿◐)

temperatures under stress 30-35*C on the cores

cpu Core 2 duo E5400

ram 4gb ddr2 800mhz

gpu Nvidia 210gt

it works great for a half year already never issues with temps and no dust at all :D haha, the case has a gap on top due to the box design so it gets enough airflow :D, the motherboard is applied by Velcro... :D hahaha

I CALLED IT THE MEDIA BOX COZ ITS A BOX

OMG, those temps mayne. Very nice, great idea.

OMG, those temps mayne. Very nice, great idea.

i knew e5400 ran cool, but i was wowed aswell  prime95 small fft 30-35*C max temp in a ambient temp of 20*C

i was suprised and laughing at it for quite a while actually... :D ( still am hahahah )

edit : its actually quiet as heck too... u dont hear it at all :D

(◑‿◐)

i knew e5400 ran cool, but i was wowed aswell  prime95 small fft 30-35*C max temp in a ambient temp of 20*C

i was suprised and laughing at it for quite a while actually... :D ( still am hahahah )

:D  preforms better than most $100+ cases... lolz

seems like a me thing to do...

I would never go that far to ruin a perfectly good Motherboard Box

seems like a me thing to do...

I would never go that far to ruin a perfectly good Motherboard Box

i had to get rid of the box, i dont have the board anymore... was cleaning my room was in need of room space... instead of throwing the box i simply reused it :D since i had some old motherboards lieing around and some cpus,ram and downstairs they wanted a mediacenter... i came up with this idea xD

(◑‿◐)

My ghetto box a while ago :D

hahaha cool to see im not the only one with the box urs look nice too

(◑‿◐)

Wtf 35 under stress my pc doesnt get that low and im water cooled and my kids pc with stock fans is 45-55 idle wtf am i doing wrong

Wtf 35 under stress my pc doesnt get that low and im water cooled and my kids pc with stock fans is 45-55 idle wtf am i doing wrong

core 2 duo e5400 runs pretty cool by default, depends on ur system but 45-55idle has an issue for sure though :P my 4690k is on 28-32idle @ 4.6 oc with an h80i O_o

my 4690k wouldnt get 35 ever aswell under stress test(prime95 AVX ENABLED small fft ofcourse, blend gets cooler), around 45-50*C is lowest i can reach with the 4690k ( stock volt / stock mhz )

(◑‿◐)

core 2 duo e5400 runs pretty cool by default, depends on ur system but 45-55idle has an issue for sure though :P my 4690k is on 28-32idle @ 4.6 oc with an h80i O_o

my 4690k wouldnt get 35 ever aswell under stress test(prime95 small fft ofcourse, blend gets cooler), around 45-50*C is lowest i can reach with the 4690k ( stock volt / stock mhz )

Kids pc is a 4770k and ive already reinstalled heat sink with new thermal compound. And i think my pc the ek water block is just garbage and ineed to find springs for my swiftec block enless the heavier guage springs it came with for the 2011 socket will be ok on it. Im thinking of redoing my loop this fall any way as it looks kinda lame plus i im considering adding my 290x to the loop enless i upgrade that since my 2nd gaming rig still waiting on a gpu any ways