Internet Extender?

northeastgamer

So my house is designed in a very spread out way so having one internet motom won't work. If I buy a net gear router and plug it into the phone jack in my house, will it give off th signal, or do i need to get a router from the internet company. Also would I plug it into the phone jack in the wall or would I have to connect it to my existing router.

You can buy range extenders. it goes anywhere you can connect to wifi and it just extends the range

So my house is designed in a very spread out way so having one internet motom won't work. If I buy a net gear router and plug it into the phone jack in my house, will it give off th signal, or do i need to get a router from the internet company. Also would I plug it into the phone jack in the wall or would I have to connect it to my existing router.

Range extenders are what you need if you want to expand the wifi network but note they aren't that amazing since it drops the speed as it get repeated.

Range extenders are what you need if you want to expand the wifi network but note they aren't that amazing since it drops the speed as it get repeated.

so what would be the best solution

You will need a modem to connect to the line in, then a router into the modem. It's likely that you currently have a modem/router combo unit. 

You can buy range extenders, but they will decrease the bandwidth when you're connected to them. You can use access points instead, which can be set up to use the same SSID so that you don't have to connect to different signals manually. They require a hardwire to the router though, so you'll need to find a way to run the cables (could consider powerline) 

Motom? Do you even spell check bro?

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Access points. They require a wire connection to the router though. 

Access points would be ideal but they require an ethernet line to run to that location, one way to do it cheaply is setting up an old router in bridge mode to act as a wifi access point.

Access points would be ideal but they require an ethernet line to run to that location, one way to do it cheaply is setting up an old router in bridge mode to act as a wifi access point.

and, hum, i lehmans terms that means.....

does net gear make them? and would they be something like this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/NETGEAR-N300-Wireless-Router/10928683

Netgear probably does. And no, that is a router. 

It disables the routing functions essentially and just turns it into a wireless access point. 

You can look at the Ubiquiti Unifi if you want a suggestion for an access point. I'm going to use several of them around my new house to get full coverage. 

just buy a few powerline adapters if you have good modern copper wiring in your house

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

If you have an old wireless router on hand you can basically setup the device in bridge mode so it gets dumbed down to just as another wifi access point to connect to the internet. The only thing is as others have said it requires an ethernet cable from the main router to go to this dumbed down secondary router.