H100i Weird temps

Hello! I have noticed that my idle temps on my cpu is around 40 degrees celsius, and my max load hovers around 80.
The temps wont change, even if I put my fans at performance mode in corsair Link and in my cabinet.
The H100i block itself keeps its temp at 35 degrees even through max load when my CPU is at 80. 

The problem is that my CPU should be at lower temps, and they don't change when I put my fans at max speed. My ambient temperature is NOT the problem. :P

Anyone else noticed anything like this or know something I could do? I appreciate your suggestions.

Specs :

CPU i7-3770k @3.5-3.9 Ghz
GPU Asus GTX 780 DirctCU II OC
MB Gigabyte Z77 D3H
Cooling H100i w/ 4 fans (4pins)

PSU TX750M
Case Corsair Graphite 780T

Thx

Hi <3

Is the cooler mounted properly?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Are you running your CPU at full load (100% TDP)?

At idle my load is about 1-5%, Games 30-80%, Stress test 90-100%.

In games my cpu hits about 60-79 degrees, and in the stress test it is hovering around 80 degrees.

Hi <3

Is the cooler mounted properly?

I am pretty sure it is, however I did manage to tighten the screws on the block to see if it was touching my CPU at all, but it didn't make a difference.

Hi <3

It's just normal Ivy Bridge, you need to delid.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

This^^^^ Also, you will need Coolabratory's Liquid Ultra/Pro

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

I had an issue pretty much like yours, had similar temperatures with my Nepton 240M, sometimes even higher. I did 2 things to make it goes to 30º-35º idle and 55º- 60º full load. First, i turned my front and rear fans both into intakes, and left the radiador on top as exhaust on push/pull configuration, so this way the air inside is almost the same temperatures as the outside, optimizing airflow and giving me good overall temperatures (i could also have changed directions making the rad as intake, but as much as it would get me the most fresh air possible to ventilate the CPU, the hot air would be blown on top of the other components, and i also didnt feel like unninstalling my rad). Of course you have to adapt that to your case specifically. The second thing i did (and the one that mattered the most) was remount and reapply termal paste. Turns out there was a bit too much paste, and it was hurting the contact between the block and CPU, plus the block looked kind of not 100% aligned with the cpu. I just took it off, cleaned everything and followed guides as of how much paste to apply and how should it look after applied, then i put it back making sure it had 100% surface contact. After these two steps, my temperatures decreased about 30º- 40º in general, so keep it mind.

Had no idea what you meant, so I googled it and found a thread on overclock.net.

That is scary, are you sure that is the problem? ;O

This^^^^ Also, you will need Coolabratory's Liquid Ultra/Pro

This seems scarier lol :P:)

Hi <3

Had no idea what you meant, so I googled it and found a thread on overclock.net.

That is scary, are you sure that is the problem? ;O

This seems scarier lol :P:)

For the record, when my CPU is under a full load, it hits about 70C with rad fans on low but I am using a Kraken x60 with Noctua NF-A14 FLX fans. CPU is a 3570K at 4.2GHz.

Full load is Intel XTU.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

I had an issue pretty much like yours, had similar temperatures with my Nepton 240M, sometimes even higher. I did 2 things to make it goes to 30º-35º idle and 55º- 60º full load. First, i turned my front and rear fans both into intakes, and left the radiador on top as exhaust on push/pull configuration, so this way the air inside is almost the same temperatures as the outside, optimizing airflow and giving me good overall temperatures (i could also have changed directions making the rad as intake, but as much as it would get me the most fresh air possible to ventilate the CPU, the hot air would be blown on top of the other components, and i also didnt feel like unninstalling my rad). Of course you have to adapt that to your case specifically. The second thing i did (and the one that mattered the most) was remount and reapply termal paste. Turns out there was a bit too much paste, and it was hurting the contact between the block and CPU, plus the block looked kind of not 100% aligned with the cpu. I just took it off, cleaned everything and followed guides as of how much paste to apply and how should it look after applied, then i put it back making sure it had 100% surface contact. After these two steps, my temperatures decreased about 30º- 40º in general, so keep it mind.

I was going to get some new paste, I am using the good old stock paste from the H100i Which is REALLY old now. :P (When I changed case I didn't take the block off lol :P)

Hi <3

For the record, when my CPU is under a full load, it hits about 70C with rad fans on low but I am using a Kraken x60 with Noctua NF-A14 FLX fans. CPU is a 3570K at 4.2GHz.

Full load is Intel XTU.

I used intel XTU aswell and hit 80C at full load (CPU stress test). But that isn't the actual problem tho. I still wonder why the temps won't change no matter if I set my fans to low or high...

Hi <3

I used intel XTU aswell and hit 80C at full load (CPU stress test). But that isn't the actual problem tho. I still wonder why the temps won't change no matter if I set my fans to low or high...

Are you using the stock paste or did you apply your own? Any fans as intakes?

Are you using the stock paste or did you apply your own? Any fans as intakes?

Stock H100i paste... and yes, two bottom 120mm intakes and two 140mm intakes fans.

Posting pic very soon

Edit: Please look at it sideways...... :PWP_20150803_02_01_39_Pro.jpg

Hi <3