Asus ROG Z170 motherboards anyone likeing them? Update: Asus Rog Z170 boards will have RGB colors.

Asus showed off there lineup of z170 motherboards. Does anyone like them compared to the previous model. I find them too black and gray and not enough red like the z97 formula. I like the Asrock fatal1ty z170 boards alot better. And some of the MSi z170 motherboards. i'll have to wait and see if this thing looks good in an H440.

ASUS-ROG-Z170-Motherboards.png

Asus Rog board are trying not too lock people into one color and are now having RGB for there motherboards like MSI.

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/cpu_mainboard/asus_z170_motherboards_to_feature_custom_color_leds/1

I'm glad they got rid of red.Now they just need to get rid of the red accents and change them with white (or black)

I know i'm getting the Gene for my poop brown and vomit tan system

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

I'm glad they got rid of red.Now they just need to get rid of the red accents and change them with white (or black)

I know i'm getting the Gene for my poop brown and vomit tan system

That is what  ROG was all about, red. I don't know why they  changed it :(

The ROG was all about red I don't know why they  changed it :(

To be honest every single gaming lineup from every single motherboard maker was red.Gigabyte went to Black and white.Asus going for pitch black.MSI we don't know.Asrock is going for Asus mainstream colors (black and gold)

To be honest every single gaming lineup from every single motherboard maker was red.Gigabyte went to Black and white.Asus going for pitch black.MSI we don't know.Asrock is going for Asus mainstream colors (black and gold)

Msi is going for pitch red which looks kinda ugly AND IT HAS RGB COLORS rofl. I only like there titanium z170 motherboard 2nd best white motherboard I've seen. Though I guess a little more diversity would be fine.

Well they look really fucking cool, but as my profile picture might suggest

im all about that black and red

Msi is going for pitch red which looks kinda ugly AND IT HAS RGB COLORS rofl. I only like there titanium z170 motherboard 2nd best white motherboard I've seen. Though I guess a little more diversity would be fine.

At least do Pitcch Black and RGB MSI.You ganna fail like Asrock did with Z97

I want the Gene

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Not with the colour, I like the black/red theme

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

I love the fact they made it black and RGB.

But where is the formula and the impact?

Black and RGB means that it can fit in alot more color scheme yet I'm really confused about why no impact. Maybe it might be like x99 where only asrock has a mini itx version. I'm also cunfused why no formula. Again it might be like x99 where there was no formula. My last question is why is there a ranger its in between the hero and the pro gamer. Which is rumored that the hero will be $230-$250 and my guess is the pro gamer is around $100-$130 so why is there a ranger? Unless if there going to kinda skip it like they did with there z97 motherboards

Black and RGB means that it can fit in alot more color scheme yet I'm really confused about why no impact. Maybe it might be like x99 where only asrock has a mini itx version. I'm also cunfused why no formula. Again it might be like x99 where there was no formula. My last question is why the ranger its in between the hero and the pro gamer. Unless if there going to kinda skip it like they did with there z97 motherboards

X99 was for the i7 extreme CPU's and only had one ROG board and that was the rampage series, the Z107 series is supposed to replace the Z97 line and is the Maximus series.

And there was a Z97 ranger, but it never was really popular.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-maximusviiranger

X99 was for the i7 extreme CPU's and only had one ROG board and that was the rampage series, the Z107 series is supposed to replace the Z97 line and is the Maximus series.

I don't know why there not creating an impact yet then again intel says there will be no more stock cooler due to this being mainly for enthusiast.(Which is why the k series will not be getting a stock cooler) My guess is the reason why there is no formula is because 1:Its not that popular and 2: not that many people where using it the way they intended like some people weren't doing a custom loop and some people only bought it so they can paint the armor which is now what the sabertooth is for.

I don't know why there not creating an impact yet then again intel says there will be no more stock cooler due to this being mainly for enthusiast.(Which is why the k series will not be getting a stock cooler) My guess is the reason why there is no formula is because 1:Its not that popular and 2: not that many people where using it the way they intended like some people weren't doing a custom loop and some people only bought it so they can paint the armor which is now what the sabertooth is for.

Yea I was one of the guys who got a formula only do paint the armor.

But not having a ROG Z107 mini ITX board is really confusing.

Yea I was one of the guys who got a formula only do paint the armor.

But not having a ROG Z107 mini ITX board is really confusing.

I honestly don't know only asrock and evga have mini itx z170 mobo. Maybe it could be because it kind of a rip off probably gonna be priced near the hero with less features and less expansion. I mean z170 is already kind of a ripoff if your getting the 6700k and a $200+ motherboard because for $50-$60 more you can go x99 with a decent mobo.