Anyone on Virgin Media facing this issue?

Sir Asvald

Wait, is this because VIrgin are throttling your speeds? Or some other technical issue?

I had an issue with really crap speeds on my internet connection a while back, due to issues their end. I contacted them, told them I wasn't happy, they did nothing. So I contacted them and said I was intending to complain to Ofcom, as I'd given them enough time to remedy the situation. They contacted me back, and offered me 3 months free or the opportunity to cancel the contract free of charge. I got out of the contract asap, which should have had another 15 months left to run.

So yeah, complain to them first, threaten to complain to Ofcom, and document all correspondence. But if you're not happy with your ISP, try to break your contract and get a better one.

Just so you know, my parents live in area code 20 (Bolton BLx) and they're having this exact issue. They're supposed to be getting 100mbps and they're on like 4. during the day, 1 at night.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M