PC wont turn on with first button press

recently my friend was having problems with his computer so i took my power supply and installed them in his computer to eliminate the psu as a factor, after i reinstalled it in my computer my computer would not completely boot unless i pressed the power button again, the first time all the fans and things would turn on and then with the second button press it would begin to completely boot, after my computer is completely booted on it has no problems, i can even press the restart button and it will restart just fine, as long as the computer isnt completely powered down before hand. any help would be great, thankyou

maybe try resetting the CMOS, you can do this by removing the power cable from your PSU and then take out the battery that is on your motherboard and then put it back and try to boot, once booted shut down your PC and try it again and repeat for 2 or 3 times????

maybe try resetting the CMOS, you can do this by removing the power cable from your PSU and then take out the battery that is on your motherboard and then put it back and try to boot, once booted shut down your PC and try it again and repeat for 2 or 3 times????

sorry take out the battery for about 15 to 20 seconds