Slight Upgrade to system

AzureKite

Thinking of planning a upgrade since I am finding my current setup starting to really under preform and have issues keeping a solid 60 fps on GTA V on Very High Settings (I can only get it get up to 45 max) and Planetside 2, I know this is very playable but add in explosions a lot of things happening and that falls down to 14fps. Now I'm not looking to go all out and get the most balls to wall gaming pc out there. I mostly use my pc for gaming and web browsing/Netflix so I don't need a I7-4790k with SLI Titan Xs or anything. I am not against going Intel. I'd like to reuse the RAM, Storage, Monitor, and Keyboard/Mouse. Really don't have a budget just looking to improve my fps in games. I'm not that conformable on OCing due to killing past hardware, so that is where I'm at. Budget around $500 if possible. I would also like to use this case, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353067 with the new build so that goes into the cost of it. Thanks for any help!

My current setup is as follows.
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
CPU: FX-8350 4.0GHz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4
RAM: 8GB 2133 G.Skill Ripjaws X
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43
PSU: Corsair CX 600M
Graphics: R9 280x with a Cooler Master H55 and Kraken G10
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB and Sandisk 128GB SSD
Case: Haf 912
Monitor: AOC I2269VW 60Hz 21.5"
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle (Red)

The World R:Craft - Where Dot Hack Meets Minecraft
More Info at http://forums.cyberconnects2.com/index.php#the-world-r-craft.24

I'd say add another 280x in crossfire and you're good. You'd probably need a different psu though.

Woo!

I'd say add another 280x in crossfire and you're good. You'd probably need a different psu though.

I've seen to many issues coming from crossfire setups so I'm trying my best to say away from them. I'd prefer one powerful gpu because I'm going from a Mid to Mirco case anyway.

I would get a better case than the one you chose and that case is incompatible with the motherboard anyways, I would also upgrade the motherboard since that's not a good mobo with a FX 8 core. Your PSU isn't good but as long as your not overclocking or doing crossfire it's ok

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

I've seen to many issues coming from crossfire setups so I'm trying my best to say away from them. I'd prefer one powerful gpu because I'm going from a Mid to Mirco case anyway.

Then I'd say sell the 280x and get a 390x or a 980 ti/fury/fury x, whichever fits your budget.

Woo!

I would get a better case than the one you chose and that case is incompatible with the motherboard anyways, I would also upgrade the motherboard since that's not a good mobo with a FX 8 core. Your PSU isn't good but as long as your not overclocking or doing crossfire it's ok

Its the perfect case size for my desk and I had just completed a friends build in one and loved it. I plan on getting a new motherboard for sure if I didn't go intel. 

Here is what i would suggest

Also the case you mentioned could not  be found at partpicker,

so add it manually to the total cost. Now as far as gpu goes

you should crossfire, otherwise sell the older one to increase

your budget a little. I put no gpu in the build, assuming you would

keep the 280

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($242.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($54.99 @ Mwave)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  (Purchased For $0.00)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card  (Purchased For $0.00)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $357.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-02 14:35 EDT-0400

The site has changed....

Its the perfect case size for my desk and I had just completed a friends build in one and loved it. I plan on getting a new motherboard for sure if I didn't go intel. 

It's just that they're much better case companies on the market that make better cases. What are the dimensions of the space where the PC would go and you could change to intel with that budget

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

It's just that they're much better case companies on the market that make better cases. What are the dimensions of the space where the PC would go and you could change to intel with that budget

Really any size, I just like smaller cases and I don't want to deal with DVD drives as I don't use them. Less space to worry about being blocked.

Here is what i would suggest

Also the case you mentioned could not  be found at partpicker,

so add it manually to the total cost. Now as far as gpu goes

you should crossfire, otherwise sell the older one to increase

your budget a little. I put no gpu in the build, assuming you would

keep the 280

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($242.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($54.99 @ Mwave)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  (Purchased For $0.00)

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card  (Purchased For $0.00)

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $357.97

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-02 14:35 EDT-0400

I'm thinking of maybe just ordering the case and a ASRock 970M Pro3 motherboard and keeping my current GPU or going with the case and the Xeon E3-1231 V3 with he ASRock H81-HDS as my CX600M is still going strong and I really don't want to replace it until its ready. How much difference is there between the Xeon and the 8350? I can't really find anything comparing the two in games.

Really any size, I just like smaller cases and I don't want to deal with DVD drives as I don't use them. Less space to worry about being blocked.

I'm thinking of maybe just ordering the case and a ASRock 970M Pro3 motherboard and keeping my current GPU or going with the case and the Xeon E3-1231 V3 with he ASRock H81-HDS as my CX600M is still going strong and I really don't want to replace it until its ready. How much difference is there between the Xeon and the 8350? I can't really find anything comparing the two in games.

The Xeon e3 1231 v3 is practically an i7 4790, without the iGPU, Also the cx series are bad psu's, they are meant for general use, not for gaming/overclocking

The site has changed....

Xeon are mainly server chips but terms of gaming they are compared to a i5 so it's better than the 8350 in gaming especially in CPU bound games

Setup

I would go with a NZXT S340 since it's a smaller compact mid tower with no drive bays and great cable management or a Fractal Design Define S/R4 or Arc Midi R2

Setup