Windows 10 Game and Resolution Problems

so i recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7, i quickly noticed that steam and many other applications were launching with an oddly low resolution, i was able to fix this by going to properties -> compatibility -> disable display scaling on high DPI settings, however this option is not available for in built windows programs which do also sometimes have the problem. the second problem i encountered was that i could not launch terraria though steam, the program appears in the task manager for about 4 second then disappears, however i can launch it through the .exe i validated my files and a lot of my games had files missing so i re installed steam as well, still not fixed, also some odd screen tearing and stuttering in just cause 2, i reinstalled my graphics driver and that fixed the stuttering problems in jc2 but not terraria, and steam still won't launch the game. 

the launchers for fallout NV and skyrim instantly stop responding upon launching and have to be closed. so i dont know what to do. please if anyone knows something i can do tell me asap!  :wacko:

You need to do a clean install of the OS, not a upgrade install.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

almost forgot, geforce doesnt pick up terraria settings so i cant optimise it 

and system specs:

i7-4710HQ 2.50GHz

16 GB RAM

nVidia GeForce GTX 970M GPU

windows 10 pro

its a laptop with a 15 inch 1920 x 1080 display

Your problem is that your programs and games aren't high-DPI aware.

Since Windows 8 and up, Windows automatically adjust your DPI based on the resolution and screen size.

I would recommended to ask your software maker to wake up, as we are in 2015 and high-DPI displays is far more common these days, and push them to make their software high-DPI aware.

In the mean time, you can set Windows to 100% DPI scale. TO do this, simply right-click on your desktop, select "Display Settings", and in front of you, you'll have a slider bar. Slide to the left most, that is 100%. Now, click on "Apply" and sign out of your account, and sign back in, or restart your system. You are now 100% DPI, and everything will look normal (and small, because your display is 23/24inch resolution put into 15inch display).

The more you push your developers, while it might be annoying, the faster they'll adapt and make your games and software high-DPI friendly, and look awesome on your display, as they'll see a demand from the public that it is worth to invest time/money in doing it.

Your problem is that your programs and games aren't high-DPI aware.

Since Windows 8 and up, Windows automatically adjust your DPI based on the resolution and screen size.

I would recommended to ask your software maker to wake up, as we are in 2015 and high-DPI displays is far more common these days, and push them to make their software high-DPI aware.

In the mean time, you can set Windows to 100% DPI scale. TO do this, simply right-click on your desktop, select "Display Settings", and in front of you, you'll have a slider bar. Slide to the left most, that is 100%. Now, click on "Apply" and sign out of your account, and sign back in, or restart your system. You are now 100% DPI, and everything will look normal (and small, because your display is 23/24inch resolution put into 15inch display).

The more you push your developers, while it might be annoying, the faster they'll adapt and make your games and software high-DPI friendly, and look awesome on your display, as they'll see a demand from the public that it is worth to invest time/money in doing it.

k, thanks