Datacash Surveillance Server

LinusTech

What happened to PC Build in a fridge? That video came out before this one on Vessel.

No cooling required :P

New office tour ?After your complete move in ?

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

New office tour ?After your complete move in ?

brace yourself, there will be plenty next week...

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

What happened to PC Build in a fridge? That video came out before this one on Vessel.

they put the youtube upload for that in the fridge ;)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

brace yourself, there will be plenty next week...

I am on vessel if you mean the big move series

I am on vessel if you mean the big move series

Oh I thought you are not, well I think the next tour will take atleast some months

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Oh I thought you are not, well I think the next tour will take atleast some months

OK Cool !

So big brother Linus is watching?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

So glad there's something interesting to watch on sunday :D

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.00Ghz - Motherboard: ASRock Z97X Killer - RAM: HyperX Savage Kit 2 x 4 GB - GPU: Inno3D iChill Geforce GTX 970 Ultra - Case: NZXT Noctis 450 - Storage (1st): Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB - Storage (2nd): Seagate 2TB HDD - PSU: Evga Supernova 750 G2 80+ Gold

(on sunday too)

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.00Ghz - Motherboard: ASRock Z97X Killer - RAM: HyperX Savage Kit 2 x 4 GB - GPU: Inno3D iChill Geforce GTX 970 Ultra - Case: NZXT Noctis 450 - Storage (1st): Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB - Storage (2nd): Seagate 2TB HDD - PSU: Evga Supernova 750 G2 80+ Gold

they had some problems at the new office in regards to getting the network up so they could get the videos of the server. They probably just got the most convenient video

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

Obligatory, "R.A.I.D. is unstable and shouldn't be trusted even in R.A.I.D. 1," but seriously, it kind of is. The only reason I would use R.A.I.D. would be R.A.I.D. 0 for hella fast boot times (with frequent backups).

Are any sort of more off-the-wall reviews coming for those WD Purple drives? Would they be beneficial in recording Raids? (Over WD Blacks?)

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

When I do budget security cam installs I tend to go with 2K cameras for all entry points. If you run a business, it is an expense that you have to consider non avoidable. All other indoor cameras can then be 1 megapixel cams.

Cameras should also be placed low enough to capture faces and good detail about everyone who enters (this is needed for law enforcement really look into a theft or other crimes). This allows the police to have a detailed look at the criminals face.

Also, a good frame rate is needed, as details on how someone moves, is good to have.

And depending on the laws where you are, it is also good to have audio recording.

For the PC handling all of the IP cams, (the CPU usage is often lower than you would think, and thus a quad core can often easily handle an extra 4% or so CPU usage from running a copy of adobe audition in order to do some of its real time audio processing for EQ, audio leveling , and noise reduction for placement somewhere near the cash registers, which can then be fed into the security camera software as part of the recordings.

If you have good video and audio, there is a good chance that many media companies will be willing to display the footage on TV for the community to help find the criminal.

For high budget builds, go with the highest quality video that you can get, and at least some audio when possible.

PS, please consider doing reviews of various security camera models, as well as the DVR software.

This is one area where it is always hard to find good info, as there is not much data available.

Same for IP cameras, they do not get reviewed like how point and shoot, and DSLRs get reviewed, and thus it is always annoying trying to get the best effective resolution and fine detail in a range of lighting conditions for the money (there is no DXOmark for security cameras).

Damnit Linus it takes 4-6 weeks to get a passport or 3 weeks if I pay an extra $60 USD :(. Next time can you give us a longer heads up?

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

I know I might be able to cross the border without a passport but I don't want to travel 500 miles and then get told I can't cross or get stuck in Canada for a month or two.

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

Hey, does anyone know about what RAID card they use in the server? I couldn't make out the label, and I can't find the video about the old server.

Well! It's on youtube now :P

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

• 3 weeks later...

nvm 

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

• 4 months later...

The case looks like a IstarUSA D410 if anyone is interested. I recently got one to mess around with. Has a total of 10 x 5.25" drive bays.