Corsair RM750i or HX750i? (And question about coil whine)

Splinter

I have a seasonic platinum 760 with noise and coil whine and I need change it, I'm thinking in these 2 corsair, what is best choice?

I guess that any of these 2 are equal of silent than my seasonic P760 right? what of these is more silent, any difference in noise?

RM750i are ~150€ and HX750i are ~170€, the difference of price is not much. Both have 7 years warrantee.

Thanks.

RM750i no need to spend the extra cash on Platinum efficiency also @Splinter make sure to follow your topics!

I have a seasonic platinum 760 with noise and coil whine and I need change it, I'm thinking in these 2 corsair, what is best choice?

I guess that any of these 2 are equal of silent than my seasonic P760 right? what of these is more silent, any difference in noise?

RM750i are ~150€ and HX750i are ~170€, the difference of price is not much. Both have 7 years warrantee.

Thanks.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1455892/why-you-might-not-want-to-buy-a-corsair-rm-psu#post_21501656

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/140130-best-fully-modular-700-750-watts-psu/

Better off going for an EVGA SuperNova G2, Super Flower Leadex or an AX 

Up to you. I'll be buying a G2 soon as they have an almost unbeatable price to performance and being a very well built PSU with a 10 year warranty 

And a last question, I check the noise in my case, and I record 2 audios with my phone, first 10 seg are near to PSU seasonic, and the rest more near of the GPU (turn up the volume): http://vocaroo.com/i/s1jAstK7xTJ1

I think that have a new noise of the GPU (maybe with the fans, or coil whine :\).

And I record also other near of the PSU seasonic with their clearest electrical noise: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1g7jNX6nCCT

Is it coil whine of my PSU? or is a electrical noise normal? (the distant noise is from GPU like in the first audio).

I need know if need to do RMA of GPU+PSU, or only the GPU.

I'm just leaving for work so I'll have to wait till later before I can listen to them on the PC.

Have you unplugged the PCIe cables from theGPU and seen if the noise is still there? If you can borrow a PSU and GPU off someone to help do so fault finding.

I'm just leaving for work so I'll have to wait till later before I can listen to them on the PC.

Have you unplugged the PCIe cables from theGPU and seen if the noise is still there? If you can borrow a PSU and GPU off someone to help do so fault finding.

Yes, the 1º record are done with the 2 pcie cables unplugged, but with the GPU fans running. Also I connected a old GPU and didn't do this noise (also without pcie cables and with GPU fan without running). About GPU almost certainly I should do RMA :(

But I don't know if the electrical noise of PSU (in the 2º audio) is normal or not, I think that when I bought the PSU a year ago didnt do the electrical noise so loud, now sometimes is more louder than in the 2º record (but always in idle, if start a videogame in load then the electrical noise decrease and in idle returns again noiser).

Yes, the 1º record are done with the 2 pcie cables unplugged, but with the GPU fans running. Also I connected a old GPU and didn't do this noise (also without pcie cables and with GPU fan without running). About GPU almost certainly I should do RMA :(

But I don't know if the electrical noise of PSU (in the 2º audio) is normal or not, I think that when I bought the PSU a year ago didnt do the electrical noise so loud, now sometimes is more louder than in the 2º record (but always in idle, if start a videogame in load then the electrical noise decrease and in idle returns again noiser).

It's hard to really tell what I'm listening to but there definitely is a noise in the second video, doesn't sound overly like coil whine but that could just be the audio. I don't wanna jump to assumptions as what it is and is causing it but the problem. If you could get your hands on another PSU to try the same tests and compare results it would give you a better chance of correctly diagnosing the fault.

It's hard to really tell what I'm listening to but there definitely is a noise in the second video, doesn't sound overly like coil whine but that could just be the audio. I don't wanna jump to assumptions as what it is and is causing it but the problem. If you could get your hands on another PSU to try the same tests and compare results it would give you a better chance of correctly diagnosing the fault.

Thanks, i will try do RMA then of psu and gpu.